2003 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
I love it!
By naturegirl711 on 07/29/05 09:17 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had Jeep jeep for 2 years and really love it. I didn't expect the gas mileage to be great and it is not. I love the interior; wish there was a bit more cargo space and the compartment space for the front is a bit small. Driving around town with 3 young kids is easy and running errands are no problem. Taking long trips are a bit more tricky since the cargo space is limited. We bought a roof top carrier to correct this problem and now long distance trips are a breeze! I would definitely recommend this Jeep Liberty to anyone looking for a small SUV. It is fun to drive and looks very sporty.

Not a bad SUV
By AJC on 06/28/05 01:32 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had no issues with my 2003 Liberty Sport. The vehicle handles well and drives well in the snow. A bit bouncy on the highway. The limited cargo capacity is the biggest issue for me.

wow, i love the power and design
By MuscleLegs on 05/10/05 10:43 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove a Liberty Limited about 6 months ago and fell in love with it; so, when the time came to purchase I knew exactly what I wanted. Am impressed with the turning radius, the cargo space (roomier on the inside than it looks like from the outside), and the look of it -- is truly Jeep with sophistication. Love that on the weekends can take it camping and off road, then wash it up and out to dinner and downtown Chicago other times. Really impressed all the way around ... one minor flaw, the obvious; gas mileage is a little steep for a "compact" SUV. Jeep should be overall pleased with the product they have produced, I sure am!

Love the Car!
By Berrywood on 02/02/05 17:10 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the looks and the performance of this SUV. The only problem with mine is the 2.4 L engine is too small to carry the weight of this vehicle, even using a 5 speed manual transmission. The fuel economy is the same or less than the 3.7 L automatic (of course, some of that is the way I drive, heh, heh!). I will definitely be buying another Liberty, but with the 3.7 L engine.

Buy this only if you have money to burn.
By Larry on 01/06/05 16:29 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Fun vehicle but gas mileage is a lot worse that what Jeep claims. This jeep looks large on the outside but rather small interior.

Love my Jeep
By J. Heikkinen on 12/20/04 03:25 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I owned a Wrangler and Cherokee prior to this Liberty and I am completely satisfied to this point. Fuel economy is horrible but I am trying a Mopar fuel body spacer and air intake system to help with this. I am driving this vehicle in Germany and it is wonderful on the narrow streets and pretty stable at high speeds on the autobahn. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone wanting an SUV but one small enough to drive like a car. The leather interior is wonderful and no complaints about workmanship to this point. I do wish however that American automobiles like this Liberty had a better re-sale value for future purchases.

Let's go Jeep'n
By Steve on 12/06/04 13:55 PM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep. The first was a '92 Cherokee. I've loved them both. The Liberty feels like a sports car, but jacked up with 4 wheel drive. The seats cradle me and the steering is sure. The engine isn't a supercharged V8, but it is quite capable of moving the little Jeep around.

love hate relationship
By tjm4349 on 11/01/04 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

our first suv. wife loves looks and handling of vechicle. horrible on gas, am getting 15-16 mpg mostly city. lack of storge and placement of window controls.

Great SUV, but...
By pepper4 on 10/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We intended to buy an older 4runner, but found that for the same money, could get the Liberty. Had 4K on it when we bought it. Loved it. It is a hoot to buzz around town and short trips. Not a long trip vehicle. It was set up as tow car when we bought it...it would be superb for that purpose. Has tow package, and tows our boat easily. Seats, even for for a short person like me, are a little short, but leather is broken in now, so more comfy. Kids in back seat can see out, a plus. Wish we could keep it, but must sell, mainly because need better mileage.

I love my Jeep!
By avwjeep on 08/01/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned my Jeep for over a year and I absolutely love it! I use it to commute to college and it gets me there no matter what the weather is! I would highly recommend a Liberty to anyone. It is really manuverable. I feel very safe in my Jeep. I also love how you are up high and have a good view of the road. This vehicle is a blast to drive!