2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Loved my Jeep but she is no more...
By Lisa on 04/30/08 03:18 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I absolutely loved my Liberty. Fun to drive, loved the moon roof, leather heated seats (especially in the winter time.) I have, however, rolled it. It rolled about 1.5 times. I just really wanted to say I would buy a Liberty again just for the simple fact that I walked away from the accident. The accident was only 5 days ago and I have very little pain, soreness but completely bearable. Granted, I was wearing my seatbelt and I am young. Felt safe and would recommend the Liberty.

Love everything but the gas...
By heather on 04/26/08 16:35 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Absolutely love the Jeep! The ONLY thing I don’t like about my Liberty is that is guzzles more gas than a bowl of chili can produce. Living in Texas and having a family of chili lovers, that’s saying a lot! I have to fill up normally twice a week. I only work 8 miles from home and don’t do much traveling around as we tend to use my husband's Prius for everyday chores and still have a gad problem with the Liberty. I only get 14 miles to a gallon. NO LIE… check my bank account. Lol Otherwise it’s an excellent car. I have 45,500 miles on it and unless gas prices go down anytime soon (can’t see filling up my 14-16 gal tank at 5 bucks a gallon in this lifetime) then I plan on keeping my Jeep.

Jeep Convert
By Anton on 04/05/08 14:54 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first Jeep, and it made a convert out of me. The engine has plenty of "pep" and it's ready to fly with the mere feathering of the gas pedal. The MPG is pretty decent - between 25 - 30+ after some ZMax. Which is fantastic for such a heavy 4x4. Heavy Northern Winters aren't a problem at all. I love to head out in conditions that keep the plows garaged and I've yet to get stuck or have to slow down. All in all, I love this Jeep more than anything and I plan on keeping it until it dies or is rusted beyond recognition. Plenty of ample cargo space as well, even if we only take up half a parking space in this little thing! Yet somehow it's very spacious on the inside.

Love it, but...
By Joni on 03/31/08 11:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Liberty Sport for about 2.5 years now and really like it. It is fun to drive and has a good deal of room.

My Liberty Rocked!
By Racheal on 03/29/08 15:24 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Jeep Liberty, because it was cute, inexpensive, and had plenty of power. I disliked the gas mileage, I expected better mileage out of such a small SUV. I never had any mechanical problems out of it. Easter Sunday 2008 my 9 year old and I were hit on the driver side, we flipped and slid upside down for 75 yards. I fell in love with my Liberty when we both walked away without a scratch! The adjuster came out to see my Jeep and was amazed with how well the Jeep's top stood up to the wreck!

Another love my Jeep person
By cometdog on 09/29/07 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Jeep for 8 months, and love it! The rack and pinion steering and the power are fun. The suspension rules, for an on or off road vehicle (done both). This is the first vehicle I've owned that cheers me up to drive after a rotten day at work. So far no mechanical bugs, I would recommend the Liberty to anyone considering a "cute ute". It's not a soccer mom thing, and the name Sport is appropriate

Liberty 4x4 Limited
By Brent on 09/20/07 11:44 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Liberty since April of 2007 (used of course). Purchased with about 51,000 miles. The only complaints that I have about it is that the stock tires on it are terrible even when the ground is just slightly wet. It is very dangerous and I think Chrysler shouldn't and should never again sell any of their cars with these tires. I'm having the tires replaced with Bridgestones, a much better tire than the Goodyears that come on it. In addition, when you are coming to a stop it is almost as if the car sputters or clunks I'm not too sure how to describe it. I'm thinking it is coming from the transmission and I hope this isn't going to turn into a problem. Overall a very stable vehicle.

Love my Jeep, but it's not for everyone
By scottsvillesteve on 08/11/07 20:58 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have never had a vehicle that I enjoyed more. I had sliding around issues in rain, but that went away when I replaced the original stock el-cheapo tires. The only issues I can think of are the back seats won't fold down flat and the gas mileage-otherwise it handles like a sports car on the road, and off road it's quite capable

Does What It Says
By dvwoud09 on 08/09/07 11:07 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I live in the mountains and this car has performed well in the past year. Plenty of power when I need it and surprisingly I can brake well with it too. The only issue I had was a leak in the power-stearing fluid hose. It also use a little more storage space. But after a recent insurance revision, the car was rated impecable.

Fun to drive
By broncman on 05/28/07 13:34 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Like several of the reviewers I had some problem with the slickness during the rain. The answer is different tires. I got a set of Goodyear Fortera Triple Tred. Made all the diference in the world. Otherwise I am happy with this vehicle.