2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great Mid-Size SUV
By PStardust on 11/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My Partner has had a Liberty( 2002) for a year now and loves it. I had driven it for a while before I decieded to get one myself. I love the turning radius and the heighth of the car.The Liberty is a very utilitarian car. Simple quality with a little style.

Great Concept
By Doctor on 11/14/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Most of our driving is in the outskirts of a major city, so the restricted side view was hard to get used to. 16K plus in the last year, it's a terrific vehicle to drive. Two long road trips, both very comfortable. Off road in the Virginia mountains- Excellent performance. Not challenged at all by National Forrest trails. Replace the standard 16 tires ASAP with lower profile/wider skins- DRAMATIC improvement in all on/off road driving characteristics and stability. Thinking of buying another in a couple of years.

give me liberty!
By Dymo on 11/13/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

love it! love it! i test drove just about every small and medium sized suv on the market and this is by far the best.

Go for it!!!
By goneloco on 11/11/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had mine for almost 3 weeks now with around 500 miles in it. This vehicle is great!!! I enjoy driving it so much that when I go on a 10 min. errand I would instead take the longer routes just so that I can drive this thing longer. I liked the handling and the driving experience. Was seriously thinking of getting a Rav4 before I stopped by the Jeep dealer. Everytime I park my Lib next to a Rav4 I I know that I made the right decision. The only thing that the Rav4 had that would sway me a little was the gas mileage thats about it.

A good ride
By Rak on 11/06/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I just got my 03 Jeep Liberty Limited a week ago after ordering it around 10 weeks ago. I chose the Atlantic Blue exterior color, light/dark interior and added ABS and side-air bags too. The interior of the jeep is top-notch, the leather is fine grain and i love the overhead console and also the audio controls on the steering wheel. The sound system is decent and the seats are pretty comfortable too. Ride wise, it's comfortable but the steering can sometimes feel heavy and it does not always take corners smoothly.

Love my Liberty
By empirecat on 11/01/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I test drove the top competeing model against this vehcile. Although it was a little bigger the ride and comfort was not nearly as good. I love this vehicle.

One Great Ride
By djasonw on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty for over a year now and I LOVE it. I have a little over 16,000 miles and have NOT had it back to the dealer. There are a couple of minor recall issues that I will get to once I need service. The truck is still solid, no rattles/squeeks and handles great in city traffic. The highway ride is pretty good for a truck and it handles bumps potholes like they don't exist.

all around driver
By sport on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The car runs well, but it feels bumpy and stiff. It drives very well in snow.

New owner
By Wes O. on 10/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I just picked up my Liberty Renegade yesterday. I absolutely love the vehicle. The leather seats are very comfortable and the interior controls are logically arranged. The seating area is every bit as large as my Ford Explorer Sport was. The exterior appearance is aggressive, without being overboard like the Avalanche. My only complaint was the difficulty in locating a Renegade with the options I wanted. I was unable to find one with antilock brakes in the Austin area and had to travel to San Antonio to find one. It was worth the drive. The 75 mile drive back to Austin was an absolute pleasure.

Who's got the keys to my Jeep? BeepBeep
By debbie on 10/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I absolutely love my new Jeep Liberty. I got it only 2 days ago October 25th. It is everything I could have wanted and more. I have so much fun driving my new Jeep. It handles so well, I hardly notice the bumps, a really smooth ride. They say it is the best Jeep ever and it is true.