2003 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Nice Fun Buy
By blacksan on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Flew Up to Maryland, Picked it up, Drove it back to Georgia. Went through 5:00pm D.C. Traffic, Cut Throat Mall Parking, Sloppy Highway Construction, Bored Trucked Drivers, High Speed swarm of Crotch-Rockets. and Muddy Virgina Gas Stations. To Sum it up, I LOVED it. The Renegade drives nice in all types of weather. Slammed on breaks a lot due to the non-jeep drivers not paying attention. The Normal 12 hours trip took over 23.5 hours because I was having fun. I would recommend ANYONE who thinks that a 2003 Toyota RAV4 is a better Buy should try out any Renegade. It feels safe, it feels heavy not plastic, and the seats are high off the ground.

inconceivable
By theblobby on 12/17/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

this vehicle is kick ass so far i have to keep it in part time all the time after driving a neon its down right scary.it sure astep up 4 me. so far the only pet peeve i have is that i keep slapping on the brights everytime i signal. so if your gettin flashed out there it could be by accident.it may be a jeeper creeper but this baby is also a leaper

DON't BUY THIS VEHICLE
By 32 on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Bought the vehicle in July 2001. It took 3 trips to fix the vehicle from pulling to the right as yoy dive. I has been in for 3 times because of no heat. 1 time they said a hose was put on wrong at the factory the other time they said there was "air" in the system. It is now having a problem with the air bag light statyin on. They say it is a seat belt clip that neeeds to be ordered and then It will have to go in to be installed and they are not sure that will correct the proble, So now I am driving with no air bag protection. Not to mention a recall. In short DON"T BUY ONE!

expectations fulfilled
By JST on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

automatic transmission is as smooth as any sedan I've driven (hope it stays that way); quick steering; firm and controlled ride - better ride on the pavement than expected. gas mileage might be better, but I don't expect that with 210 hp V6 and auto trans./4 wd- I drive all highway miles and have been avg. 20.5 miles a gallon on regular gas. suits me. I don't think of my Liberty as purely an SUVů it's a JEEP sort of phenomenon. hehe. Oh by the way I'm 42.

expectations fulfilled
By jst on 12/10/02 00:00 AM (PST)

I gotta Jeep!!!!
By rrainy on 12/04/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

I test drove a Rav4, Honda CRV, Camry, Celica, Montero Sport, Wrangler and then saw the Jeep Liberty and thought cute but too big for me. Then I test drove it just to say I did. It was complete unexpected true love! Drove it home the next day. Been driving everywhere ever since. I used to panic at a snow forecast. Now I just smile.

A good vehicle
By metmaniac2001 on 11/28/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

tough on gas, but a nice vehicle

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD
By tds/Indiana on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The vehicle is a pleasure to drive; with all controls easily accessable to the driver. Handling and response is better than the Cherokee, which it replaced. The four-wheel Select-Trac is superb, and the short body over-hang front and rear allows for steep entry and exit angles when in hilly terrain.

Very Satisfied
By Scootie on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty Limited for just over a week now and I absolutely love it. The ride is smooth (especially compared to the Cherokee Sport that my boyfriend has)and I love the added headroom and overall roomier feel than the Cherokee. The leather seats are quite comfortable too. I originally wanted leather seats to make it easier to clean up the dog hair generated by my 3 terriers...but now I love my new Liberty so much that they aren't allowed in it! We are only getting flurries today but I'm eager for it to snow so I can test out the 4wd!

Jeep Liberty 2003 Sport
By GeneEsposito on 11/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Excellent choice for a smaller SUV. Coming off a Montero Sport the Jeep handles well even if its taller. Great display panel and having the radio,CD,&casette controls on the stering wheel can't be beat. Love the quick flip rear glass window and the side pull door. This won out the selection process over the Madza Tribute, Outlander, and Freelander.