2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Like my Liberty
By Eaglehawk6 on 01/13/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have found it to be one of the most enjoyable vehicles to drive I have ever owned. It has plenty of power - plenty of options-have all but CD changer and moon roof. Have heated seats - mirrors - power everything - excellent sound system. Only complaint I have is that is is a bit rough on bad roads or city streets. On open highways it ride just fine. Gas could be a bit better and may improve after time. 19mpg during summer and about 17mpg in winter so far. Will really get up and go if you need it.

1717
By 1717fairmount on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

It is a great vehicle that needs just a few changes, see below, that would cost very little, but make the vehicle a 10 rating across the board except for the poor gas mileage.

Excellent.
By Padjoe on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just the best car I had. I'm European and I drove many kind of cars from Europe and also here in the US. It is just the best car I've ever drive. It's comfortable, powerful and Fun. We are a family with one baby, it's just the perfect car with the right amount of space. The consumption is good for the category (24mpg). I'm in heaven when I go Off-Road. The car has the best attitude. Another thing, No Noise and every single detail is tough. Incredible!

One a Jeep, always a Jeep
By dude14570 on 01/09/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Had a 94 g. cherokee, then got a Liberty Renegade, 5 sp. I love it. I was torn between the Xterra and the liberty, but after test driving the liberty I was sold.It has better pick up, and more options for the same money.

2002 Liberty Sport with 21,000 miles
By clancyomal on 01/07/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purch. 7/01 and now have 21k miles on it. 18 years of driving a CJ-7 a change was in order but wanted to stay with Jeep name. I haven't been disappointed. Reliabilty has been excellent. No signif. mech. problems. I have had squeaking/creaking which seemed to come from rear shocks. Dealer replaced them, and padded a few cables that were hitting the underside of the wheelwell. For the most part this solved problem. Too big of deal being made over location of window controls. You get used to it and they are fine. I have used it extensively in 4 wheel drive in the snow and it handles as good as any vehicle I have ever driven.

SO GOOOOOOOOOOD!
By tamara on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The 2002 Jeep Liberty is amazing. The drive is smooth, the jeep is reliable, and the stereo is awesome!

TOUGH LITTLE TRUCK
By TRAVELING SALESMAN on 01/02/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I BOUGHT THIS VEHICLE OCT 1, 2002 AND SO FAR HAVE RACKED UP 7500 TROUBLE FREE MILES ON THE ODOMETER. EVERYTING ON THIS VEHICLE WORKS WELL. I TRAVEL TO THROUGH THE SNOWY MOUNTAINS OF NEW MEXCIO, COLORADO AND UTAH ON A REGULAR BASIS AND HAVEN'T COME CLOSE YET TO GETTING STUCK. THE ENGINEERS AT JEEP DID THEIR HOMEWORK WHEN THEY DESIGNED THIS VEHICLE. I HAVE OWNED FORD EXPLORERS AND TOYOTA 4 RUNNERS AND THIS VEHCILE DEFINITELY PROVIDES THE BEST VALUE FOR THE BUCK. I DEFINITELY RECOMEND THIS VEHICLE.

extreme fun to drive
By inancs seckin on 12/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i have bought this machine 2 weeks ago. So far excellent, you feel like flying.

Do Not Buy
By MWM on 12/30/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

From the time I purchased this vehicle a year ago, it has been nothing but trouble. I have had problems with the alignment (four adjustments), worn out shocks, power window and door locks, and have recently had to get new brakes. I am not at all rough on this vehicle. It was built poorly, and I would not recommend the Liberty to anyone. Go for an Eplorer or Sante Fe instead. I have had it in 11 times this year. That is ridiculous for a new vehicle. Do yourself a favor and do not buy a Liberty.

Nice Fun Buy
By blacksan on 12/20/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Flew Up to Maryland, Picked it up, Drove it back to Georgia. Went through 5:00pm D.C. Traffic, Cut Throat Mall Parking, Sloppy Highway Construction, Bored Trucked Drivers, High Speed swarm of Crotch-Rockets. and Muddy Virgina Gas Stations. To Sum it up, I LOVED it. The Renegade drives nice in all types of weather. Slammed on breaks a lot due to the non-jeep drivers not paying attention. The Normal 12 hours trip took over 23.5 hours because I was having fun. I would recommend ANYONE who thinks that a 2003 Toyota RAV4 is a better Buy should try out any Renegade. It feels safe, it feels heavy not plastic, and the seats are high off the ground.