Used 2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Send it back to the drawing board
By mallfada

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Comfort-Seats are to high,cuts off circulation at my knees. Fuel Ecomony-Gets 11-14 On Highway 0n Cruise, 1% of my traveling is city, so I would hate to for the reality check on that issue.Approx -250-300 A MONTH IN FUEL COST...(IN ALL REALITY, THATS ANOTHER CAR PAYMENT) Interior Design-No lights in the middle, only the front,or way in the back.I HAVE TO USE A FLASHLIGHT. Exterior Design-The fender steel bolts, Discolor very quickly, and the orange runs down the side of the truck. Build Quality-Nothing more from what you pay for! Reliability-Every time I move from 2Wheel to 4Wheel, the truck goes in neutral, and stops and burns rubber, IF NOT PAYNG ATTENTION.

THE CONSOLE, TELLS THE TEMP OUTSIDE, AMD THE EXACT FUEL MILEAGE.

Lighting, Fuel Ecomony. ON THE STICKER PLEASE STATE THE REAL FUEL MILEAGE.

don't buy a jeep
By roughride

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Liberty has got to be the worst riding vehicle I have ever owned. DEaler replaced front &rear springs & shocks after 8 months. Gas mileage sucked never got better then 16 mpg hwy. Had a fulsize extended cab 4x4 V8 that got 21 to 23 should have kept it.

drive train .

better mileage power window switchs on door get the spare tire off the tailgate . it only increaces insuance costs there.

Give Me Jeep Liberty, Or Nothing Else!
By jeep owner

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've owned my 2003 Jeep Liberty for a year. What I really like about my jeep is the body styling, the look of the interior. Its got a solid feel to it, which I like very much. It,s got a comfortable ride and It's not too big. My wife didn't want to drive a big SUV. My only fault with the Liberty is the way the rear seats fold down they dont't lay flat. I am very satisfied

Appearance, body styling, the way it handles Turn radius tight like a car

Back seats should fold down flat.Adjustment of the power seats could be better.

I love my Jeep !
By DaveTaylor

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I needed a vehicle to pull a small travel trailer and get me to my favorite places for fishing and skiing. I compared them all and test drove many in the small SUV category. The Jeep Liberty is a winner.. of-road it is amazing considering the other creature comforts. For the price best vehicle in it's class. Build quality is excellent. Way to go Daimler Chrysler.

Handling and offroad 4LO. This is a nice truck.

Redesign rear seats to fold flat (and head rests that do not have to be removed when folding rear seats)

so far so good
By mozkicker5

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

just recently purchased the freedom edition. Boy, does this thing look great, and it's so much fun to drive. Yes the window controls are in a poor location, but after a few days I hardly even noticed anymore. Seats are sporty looking and beautiful. Storage compartment is set way to far back and glove compartment is smallish, but these are such minor blemishes that i could care less. Pulls my jetski with no problems. Rear leg space is fine, as well as cargo space. The car has done nothing but impress me so far, and even is impressing my grumpy old man of a father, and that pretty much equals a five star rating then!

rugged looks, engine power

move the cd storage area forward 2", put the window controls back on the doors, and make the 17" wheels standard.