2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
excellent
By pfisch71 on 01/31/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

wonderful vehicle, could get better gas mileage though

Capable Adolescent Design
By anyoldalias on 01/29/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Our Liberty has been generally tackling all of our transportation/cargo needs for the past 6 months. Gas mileage (20mpg hw) is unfortunate, but a known trade-off for heavy duty suspension. The vehicle sufferes from a handful of rather obnoxious details, most outlined below. Three cheers to Chrysler for designing a nice hybrid of suburban and off-road SUV traits. Three bronx cheers to Chrysler for overlooking so many silly, correctable details, and then leaving them uncorrected in 2003.

Cute Ute? are you CRAZY?
By kjmike on 01/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

So far, I have found the Liberty to be an EXCELLENT vehicle because of its overall build quality, terrific handling, and solid JEEP like feel.

Give us Liberty!
By Rutledge on 01/27/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My wife and I love it. Where we live we need 4-Wheel drive anytime it snows. We have no problem in our Jeep. We have the Sport and it shows up most SUV's on the road.

Love this Jeep
By DrBill on 01/25/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Great fun to drive, solid feel, easy shifting into 4WD.

not satisfied
By not satisfied on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

purchased"brand new" and left from dealership on a 500 mile trip. We noticed a vibration from 45to60mph. Since returning home the complete rearend and driveshaft were replaced.The vibration is not as bad but still there. Also, now it has a vibration around 30to35mph. This problem is under investigation by jeep engineers. Manufacture date 7-02. We like the liberty, but are trying to get the dealership to order a replacement just like this one, with no luck yet! NOT SATISFIED!

recommend over all over small utes
By jbenn on 01/23/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

i looked at all other small sport utes on market and this is the best. build quality, interior/exterior fine fit/finish, comfortable ride, good handling, smooth steering, good power, needs better gas mileage, smooth tranny, rear seat needs to fold flat, great headroom for 6 fters, good ergonomics, suspension is good-a little rough on big bumps, but that is to be expected for this type of vehicle, factory sound system sucks, good in snow/rain, would like to be able to get different tire brand, goodyears are terrible...

SUV Like No Other
By GSX-RChris on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This SUV is perfect for the person who does it all! It tows my boat easily through the mountains, handles the snow better than any other I've experienced, and cruises the highway with the comfort of a sedan. The Liberty is the perfect compliment between the ruggedness of the Wrangler and the Luxury of the Grand Cherokee. After 13,000 miles in 7 months, I can honestly say I made the right decision in buying a Jeep Liberty!

White Hot 2003 Liberty Limited 4WD
By lia d. on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty Limited 4WD for three weeks now and I love it. Although the gas mileage is not the greatest, I hate having to get out of it. I was told that Jeeps had notoriously hard rides, but I can't say the same. The handling and ride have been very smooth. Overall, Jeep has made a very attractive vehichle both inside and out.

poor rear suspension
By rough on 01/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

plenty of power from v6 but the goodyear wranglers that came on the liberty give very poor traction on anything but dry pavement. at about 8000 km. rear suspension started to bottom out even under light load by 10000km. it was so bad if you filled the gas tank it was enough to make it bottom out.