2003 Liberty Sport
By khurt1 on
2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
Contrary to many of these negative Liberty reviews, I would like to say we love our Jeep. Milage is ~ 12L/100KM city, 9.5L Hwy loaded. It hauls my 19ft. travel trailer very well. Great in snow and ice. Major repairs: front rack and pinion unit @ ~ 120K kms. Mileage is now at ~ 150K kms. Bought vehicle at the end of 2008. No other major repairs.
Favorite Features
I love the 5 speed standard. Car is very peppy and good for hauling. I like the interior door handles and window buttons on the console instead of the doors. Good stereo system. Good visibility.
Suggested Improvements
With the price of fuel going up, I think this is the biggest drawback of the Jeep. I would really like a car that gets 8-9L/100km and with today's vehicles, especially with diesel engines, it's possible to duplicate the power of the jeep and still get that kind of mileage. However, for its day, and for the price, I don't think the fuel consumption is that big a compromise. Having ~ 1 foot more length in the back would have been a big improvement. No one except a child can lie down back there! Also, when going on trips, the storage is very limited behind the back seat.