2003 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4. V6
By 2003libby on
2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I just bought this car in Jan. 2011, and I have owned it for 6 months now, I have already put in $800 for repairing. It has 204,000 miles on it but it was 95% highway miles. I guess this is why people leaning toward for foreign vehicles.
Favorite Features
None, interior looks cheap, exterior is not much better.
Suggested Improvements
Liberty is not really made for off-road in the line of Jeep, so, please make it more road friendly at least, other SUVs in the same class already understand it and make their SUVs more fuel efficient. Secondly, put some thoughts into designing the interior.
By 2003libby
on 04/07/12 20:01 PM (PDT)

I am not trying to get in any debate about foreign vs. domestic vehicles. All I am saying is I should of done more research before chosen the Liberty. Liberty is straight up danger even hugging slight curve on highway, fuel economy is poor consider is only a V6, gear ratio is horrific which leads to poor MPG. Back seats are tight, and the transmission has taken up much of the leg room of the driver and passenger. If I can do all over, I will go with a Suburban or a Tahoe. On the side note, sometimes I wish I can get the cars that people drive over in Europe. As much as we don't want to admit, they make better cars that we do here in America. Moreover, even Japanese and Korean cars are over taken us. American automotive industry really need to step up.

By moogvo
on 10/04/11 13:36 PM (PDT)

It sounds to me like you bought someone else's worn out junk and now you are mad about it. Surely you weren't expecting a like new car experience with that many miles on it! Highway miles? Why is that important? Miles are miles. People have this strange idea that miles driven on the highway somehow don't count. WRONG! Miles are miles. Every single car with high miles I see for sale says "Highway Miles" in the ad. According to the classifieds, NOBODY EVER drives in the city... EVER! If you hate it as bad as you say, and it looks cheap inside and out, then why did you buy it? ANY vehicle with over 200k miles will need repairs. Not just American brands. Foreign cars wear out too! If you want good mileage, then you don't want an SUV.

By tgfh
on 03/10/13 03:19 AM (PDT)

you're complaining and it has 200k on the clock when you bought it? Wow - Rule of thumb - buy a used car with 100k on it - plan to spend $1000 to get it up to par. 200k double that. You are buying a car someone else obviously didn't maintain well. ALL cars need maintenance. Even your precious foreign cars. Then try to replace their tranny or engine. Double the cost of a Jeep. Go to the junk yards and see which cars are crumpled messes - all the foreign tin cans.