Used 2003 Jeep Liberty Limited SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

My Liberty Rocked!
By Racheal

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2003 Jeep Liberty, because it was cute, inexpensive, and had plenty of power. I disliked the gas mileage, I expected better mileage out of such a small SUV. I never had any mechanical problems out of it. Easter Sunday 2008 my 9 year old and I were hit on the driver side, we flipped and slid upside down for 75 yards. I fell in love with my Liberty when we both walked away without a scratch! The adjuster came out to see my Jeep and was amazed with how well the Jeep's top stood up to the wreck!

I liked the way the Jeep sets up higher, and even though it is a small SUV you can really carry a lot, My daughter and I drop the back seats down and loaded it down with our camping supplies and her 110 cc four wheeler!

The Liberty ride is not the best it could use some improvement!

I love my Jeep!
By sugar00101

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Very easy to park, and I am bad at parking. Handles well. Very comfortable. Even after 12 hours of driving in one day, my back and neck was not sore like it would have been in previously vehicles owned. I have owned this Jeep for over 2 years now, and it has only been to the shop once for a battery change, and I put a lot of miles on vehicles. It is up to 90,000 and has a lot more in it. I would recommend this to anyone. Great get up and go, cold ac, I love the chrome accents, I wasn't 100% crazy about the body, but it grew on me quickly.

Steering wheel controls, Sunroof, rear gate, comfortable seats, cold ac, tight steering, leather is easy to keep clean, and doesn't crack like on Ford products. And I LOVE the height of the vehicle. I have a friend is 6'3" and he can fit very comfortably and still has plenty of head room.

Cargo area is a little small.

Outstanding!
By curtpenn

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty for almost 1 year and 14,000 miles now. Only been in the shop once soon after we got it to adjust a few things (rear windshield latch needed to be tightened). I got about 13-14 mpg until around 7,000 miles (in town driving). Now always get 17+ around town. Love the design, rock-solid feel, and nimble handling. I have 2 kids near driving age and will strongly consider getting a used one for them in a couple of years. Couldn't be more satisfied.

Style, handling, 17" chrome wheel option, audio controls on steering wheel, great head room.

Fold-down armrest for back seat. About 1 more inch of rearward travel on driver's seat (I'm 6'3").

liberty mania
By libertyhillumc.org

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I love my two wheel drive liberty. It takes me to all the places I like to go as well as off roading. I am amazed how a two wheel drive vehicle can climb! Acceleration is good but noisy. Fuel economy is to be desired but the overall performance is nimble. Did I mention the comfort of the back seat and the ease of parking?

chrome interior pieces, leather seats, the six way power seats are my favorites.

improve gas mileage- and increase torque.

i love this car
By missboobooghs

2003 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i love it, but it gets sucky gas mileage

the look, the heated leather seats, being able to control radio/cd/tape from steering wheel

the windows are in a weird place- help it get better gas milage- also the limited is overpriced