2003 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Jeep owner for life
By Amanda on 06/03/08 15:19 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love my Jeep. I had a Cherokee and loved it too and when it came time to retire her, I needed another. Sadly, she went extinct and was replaced with the Liberty. I don't love the curved styling and wish they would have stuck with the "Traditional Jeep" style but its still a Jeep and it acts like one. Back seat not so comfy. Fun to drive. Great storage. Gas mileage sucks- about 15 mpg. No problems with reliability. Only maintenance performed so far- I don't expect anything major till about 100k. I would definitely buy another IF gas weren't such an issue. I am going to possibly trade her in, but it will be for her gas friendly sibling the Patriot. It's a Jeep thing and we know it!

Another love my Jeep person
By cometdog on 09/29/07 15:53 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've had my Jeep for 8 months, and love it! The rack and pinion steering and the power are fun. The suspension rules, for an on or off road vehicle (done both). This is the first vehicle I've owned that cheers me up to drive after a rotten day at work. So far no mechanical bugs, I would recommend the Liberty to anyone considering a "cute ute". It's not a soccer mom thing, and the name Sport is appropriate

03 Jeep Liberty
By City Girl on 08/22/06 11:10 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I wanted the sporty look, but live in a city so I chose the Jeep Liberty. Looks sporty, not like the updated station wagons (Crossover vehicles), great interior, the ride was a little rough at first but changed out the stock tires and it rides like a luxury car. The one big minus the Liberty has, it has always been a little gas guzzler from day one! Don't let the small tank fool you - you will be filling it quite often. Now, at 61,500 miles it looks as if I may have to trade it, although I really don't want to. Everything works great, except we now have a knock in the transmission in first gear. I'm just not into making car payments and major repairs. Sorry Jeep Liberty.

weak Jeep
By Joshua on 05/25/06 15:33 PM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

While it has decent power, it gets HORRIBLE mpg. Not very spacious. Feels unstable in quick swerves to avoid traffic/animals. Not a true Jeep.

Fun to Drive!
By Janet Lange on 05/10/06 07:53 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love this car. It's peppy and fun to drive. It's good looking in and out. I have always had confidence in its performance when I took it out. It does not ride like a luxury car, but like the little SUV it is supposed to be. I would highly recommend it for the young and the young-at-heart.

Safety First
By AHeff on 06/28/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was forced to sell my Durango and I decided to buy the Liberty. I never have regreted it once. I have two small girls and was hit in the front quarter panel by a full size Dodge Ram. The truck's entire front end was crushed and had to be towed off the scene. The jeep was easily pushed aside with little damage. I have never felt safer than in my Liberty. I have already put 50,000 miles on it in a year and a half. I love it and would recommend it to anyone. I am 5'11" tall and have plenty of room inside. The cargo room in the back is great also for a small SUV.

Lemon!
By wildspirit on 04/16/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this car new and in the first week the transmission was bad. I wanted the car replaced but was forced to replace the transmission. Thr "new" transmission is hard to put in 1st and sometimes reverse. The spark plugs have had to be replaced and the rear differential had a leak.

My first Jeep and it's a terrific SUV
By HunterinDallas on 10/26/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This my first Jeep and it rides like a top and is fun to drive around town. It has alot more pickup and go in its performance than I thought. It was the best small SUV that I test drove.

FUN FUN FUN!
By lynlin on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I REALLY ENJOY DRIVING MY JEEP LIBERTY SPORT. VERY SPUNKY!! I DON'T REGRET MY PURCHASE AT ALL

Great Vehicle
By R & S Moonwalks on 10/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

2003 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We use this car to carry our moonwalks all over the state and so far we have had No problems at all. Great car.