Run from it as fast as you can!
By 1hotrod on
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 2WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
We bought our 2002 Liberty fall 2009. Fixes in 2 1/2 years ...Water pump and radiator $800.00+, Rear Deferential seal and door hinge $300.00+, Front struts and rear shocks $600.00+ and i did the labor myself, a rocker arm fell off and caused engine damage (a common problem in all Liberty's still!) $2100.00+, Eats front brakes and rotors, Interior lights come on and go off by themselves, Lower ball joints break (factory recall) Fuel mileage sucks. Tranny does a goofy shifting thing going down the interstate at cruising speeds. (I don't know the cause of the shifting issue.) All this before or by the time it was a 10 year old vehicle that was well maintained. My first and LAST Jeep/Chrysler!
Favorite Features
Fun to drive when you can drive it! It's a good looking vehicle and that's about all it has going for it! Makes a nice and expensive yard ornament!
Suggested Improvements
Make a vehicle worth buying Jeep/Chrysler. Chrysler could at least stand behind their vehicles. They know the rocker arms are a problem. Provide what it takes to fix it, not sell me back a remanufactured head from some other sucker who flipped a rocker arm.