Surprisingly Good
By originalsteven on
2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)
I bought the car used in august 2012, It had 150K+ miles on it I don't remember. At first I just needed a 4x4 in the winter in Spokane because the road can get bad. With no snow tires and basically all in part time 4x4 it handled flawlessly. Everything was perfect except for some creak in the driver door but hey. I didn't much care for the car but time and time again it blows me away. Infinity speakers, roomy and stylish inside and out. and Reliable. I even took it off road and I was impressed. have 170k in a few weeks and still strong. Got 12mpg in city at first but with K&N stock filter upgrade, new spark plugs, oil change and Seafoam It went to 15 1/2 mpg and over 21 on the HWY!
Favorite Features
I like that I ride up taller then a car. Its suspension can be kinda rough and maybe needing to be replaced here soon but after I did some maintenance on it and seafoam the engine, fuel and vacuum lines its runs so smooth I stopped at a light and thought the engine turned off! Ran on the highway smooth too. set the cruise control on at 70mph and forget your in a jeep. The seats and storage is nice had to move and this was the primary vehicle for the job. Came with a tow hitch and plan on pulling a small flat bed for storage and gear when camping next summer. I like how much power this has and its loud. the way it handles in the SNOW is my most favorite Feature. and the ABS brakes work great.
Suggested Improvements
Gas mileage is not my favorite. filling up 18.5 gallons at 3.84 a gallon is terrible. My last car got 24/29 and the car before that got 25/33. My family will be having 3 cars here soon. The wife gets the luxury car, I get the jeep for recreation and utilities. and a small gas saver car for going back and forth for commuting Needs a larger double din stereo so we can upgrade to a 7" screen with GPS. more cup holders don't put the cup holder on the door in rear too hard for people to get at and only big enough for a soda can. I HATE THE HOOD LIFTERS. Its shocks that lift the hood ware out all the time. they cost almost $40 a piece where a simple bar or spring could do the job better.