Not sure what to think about my Jeep
By westcentralillinois on
2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)
I bought my Jeep in 04 used with 29,000 miles on it(now with 126k). I have loved it until last fall (2008), when the air & heat quite working. I took it to a mechanic late winter & after spending around $800 for a new thermostat, new switch, system flush, and then actuator & mode doors, it still didn't work. I took it to another mechanic, told him what the other did, & he went through it again & put another new mode body & actuator on it & isn't sure it will work. There has been no Jeep recalls on it or posts. I am at a lose. This is my 3rd Jeep, & I am a little frustrated with this issue. It has been paid for for awhile & I wasn't ready to trade it. Other than this it has been great!
Favorite Features
I live on a farm and it is great for going across the fields and not getting stuck, hauling hay or a calf if necessary, great for pulling into small parking spaces and it feels very safe on the road. I had a grand cherokee and rolled it, & have been impressed with the way the liberty handles.
Suggested Improvements
Better gas mileage. I get 17 mpg no matter what. Cheaper parts and better availability to those parts. Instead of having to buy the whole mode body, it would have been better and cheaper to be able to purchase some of the parts separately.