Used 2002 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Sorry Jeep
By DannyH

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This vehicle was bought AS-IS and I tell ya i thought it looked ok and everything seemed cool even on the test drive. Well I was fooled, in the three years i owned it i spend just as much TRYING to repair it as i spend on the vehicle itself. Problems included, speedo, windows not closing, stalling on low RPMs, and more. Well the motor blew and i couldn't be happier. Thats right, happier to move on to none Jeep/Chrysler product. I bought a Ford Explorer XLT today.

Was fun for camping trip once.

Get rid of all of the sensors in the vehicle and the computer and go back to the old way, cables and gauges. The computer in this vehicle is terrible causing major issues. My 97 Grand Cherokee, same problems. Sorry Jeep, I always wanted a Jeep when i was a kid but I'm done with ya now.

Love my Jeep
By mrgee355

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I love the style of my jeep liberty. i use to have road noise but cured that with less aggressive tires, when i bought it it had new tires but had aggressive thread on the tires i purchased from firestome leamans pathmakers tires and noise went away and still rough enough for off roading,i am 6' 4 lots head room which is what i love about it and plenty of leg room but not side to side i do feel a little cramped sometimes in the seats and the center counsel and door just use to a explorer i guess where i had more side to side room, wish there where lights to shine on the floor and glove box. i have 76,000 miles on this jeep bought with 59,000 lost a power steering pump thats it.

better side to side room even the 2009 did not improve this

Good 4X4
By R.Beauchamp

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This has been a great vehicle for me. This vehicle is great for off road and it has enough power to pull a boat. No fast but does very well. Since I bought it I’ve only changed the tires and brakes, the cooling fan ($70.00) and a battery. I have been amazed by the reliability of this Jeep. To be honest I did not expect this from a “Jeep”. The Jeep Grandcherokee is not this reliable. I had one before I bought the Liberty.

Off Road capability, towing capacity.

More HP

i enjoy it
By it's a good vehicle

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

My 2002 Liberty Limited has served me well since I purchased it. Only minor (and mostly normal) issues have arisen in the past 40k miles (+/-). It's got great off road ability and its very fun to drive! My only cons about the Jeep are the gas mileage, interior design, and comfort of the ride for the passengers. Overall, it's a great vehicle for these 122k miles so far!

Size, 4WD, Off road ability, cargo room

More backseat passenger space, better interior design

GREAT VEHICLE
By B

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have had my Liberty for almost 4 years now and I have really enjoyed it. It's been great, I've had no major issues with the vehicle at all. I purchased it used and I have been very pleased, this had been my first used car purchase ever so I was a bit leery at first. I'm very satisfied with my choice.

I love my power, heated leather seats and my power sunroof.

• SUV