2002 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews 28

2002 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 2WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
Great vehicle
By Jane on 03/22/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I am very happy with my choice of SUVs in the Jeep Liberty. The only negative is that I don't feel as safe when highway driving. I keep thinking of the rollover safety rating (poor)!!

Jeep Liberty Fan
By Stan Orzechowski on 03/21/02 00:00 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Back in 1996 we had a new Grand Cherokee Limited. Had it for about three years. Traded it in for a truck until when the Liberty's came out, we decided to order one. Man! did we ever miss the JEEP quality that goes into these vehicles. Since then, got rid of the truck and are extremely excited to go to our first Camp JEEP this year with our Liberty. Many people ask how we like the Liberty. The answer to that is, I just can't stop talking about it. We had purchased the 4WD Limited in Woodland Brown. We just love it.

cute suv
By mopar on 03/18/02 00:13 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This cute suv turns peoples heads, it needs to be a bit bigger inside and it needs to get BETTER gas mileage, other than that we just love it.

Nothing beats it!
By colorado1974 on 03/17/02 17:54 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

An absolutely fabulous vehicle! Love everything about it.

I love my Libby!!
By ColbyCupcake on 03/14/02 19:48 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I test drove the Liberty just for comparison and once I got in it and drove it down the street I fell in love with it! It handles like a luxury car. The fuel economy is not as bad as most SUVs. I get about 24 highway, 19 city. The only thing I don't like about it is trying to change the oil because the oil filter is behind my skid plates and it is tough to get to. My Liberty is completely loaded...not an option missing...I could not have done that in any other vehicle I was looking at for the price I paid. Not to mention this was the most solid and safe-feeling vehicle I have driven.

Love this truck
By fishman8 on 03/13/02 14:33 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I think this is a well build suv it is solid. I have not had a bit of trouble since i got it in sept.

2002 Libertry
By JY303 on 03/13/02 10:29 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Right off of the sales lot the head lights low beams were not working. It's been back at the service dept for 2 days now and waiting for a new "Body Control Module" computer. The dealer gave us a "loaner" Liberty to drive till we get our car back. Other than that it seems to be a great car and very fun to drive.

I want another Grand Cherokee!
By Bart on 03/09/02 20:00 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Around town, the Liberty rides quiet and smooth. It has good brakes and heats up quickly. Pickup is okay. On the downside, this vehicle is very thirsty. I haven't been able to get better than 16mpg. With that kind of poor mileage, I should be driving a V8. The leather seats are of lesse quality, and they don't support my legs at all (I'm 6'2"). Driving my Liberty at highway speeds does not inspire much confidence. Also, the interior glass fogs too easily.

1000 miles down
By Marc A. on 03/09/02 17:25 PM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

After 6 weeks, I've finally crossed over the 1K mark on the odometer. This vehicle is very impressive. I've driven a number of SUVs (Blazer/Jimmy, Cherokee, CRV, etc.) and this one rides more like a mini-van than a truck. It handles very well, has a very tight turning radius, and looks good. I had a kid at the Wendy's drive-thru look at it and say "Mr....that is one neat looking truck". My only complaint is of course the MPG, but it is to be expected.

2002 Liberty
By P.Keith on 03/09/02 05:05 AM (PST)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 2WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great all around, Very reliabil on and off road. Tow package no problems. Very user friendly.