Used 2002 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2002 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Fun Fun
By jpichicago

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought the car a few days before an 800 mile trip and didn't have a chance to break in the car before leaving. It performed like a champ. I arrived feeling rested and without body aches! Aside from routine maintenance and a recall to tighten up the suspension system (Jeep was very accomodating while dealing with the recall issue), the car has been great. We'd buy another!

Visibility is great. The 4WD is simple to use and very effective. Interior styling and rear leg room.

Relocate the seat warmer buttons so they are easily visible while seated. Improve in-town gas mileage. Provide anti-lock break option (Might be available today). Sun visors that extend to provide protection from sun coming in the front-side windows.

A Great SUV
By cozz

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is our first SUV and has proven to be a fun and reliable vehicle. As far as gas mileage, I can't understand all the negative comments, no SUV will not do any better than the Liberty, in fact usually less. We are running Mobil 1 synthetic oil and get 21 1/2 miles per gallon on the road, not bad.

Quality construction with attention to detail. Durable seat covers. Good ride for an SUV.

Rear seats would be nice if they folded down flat. Window controls on the doors.

A Sport Utility Vehicle big on Sporty.
By pagodacook

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought one of the first Jeep Libertys available in July 2001 and have been pretty happy with it ever since. We love it for its size and stylish design. Only serious complaint is the fact that ours did not come with antilock brakes and it has slid on barely wet roads and in the snow even in 4WD. Once slid through an entire intersection on a road that could maybe pass for damp...luckily no one else was intersecting at the time. Gas mileage is what finally set us back and we have decided to trade it in.

Looks great! Love the cup holders, 60/40 fold-down rear seat, privacy glass in back, ease of operation.

Weird window power button location took a while to get used to, weak stereo, no sunroof or anti-lock brakes on our moedl. And I really hate the automatic door locking trend. Needs improved performance on wet roads.

Good Ride
By Steve Hansen

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 2002 Liberty in Nov 2001 and I use it for business travel. I currently have 78000 miles and have had not one problem with the vehicle. I do most of my own maintainence and it still rolls on down the road. Great Jeep!

Small frame, decent gas mileage, ease of use, good power.

a few more interior comfort options would be nice.

great truck
By fdcboys22

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

love it , lacks a little engine power everything else is solid

everything