2002 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews 25

2002 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:
The Family Version of the CJ-7
By Chesapeake Liberty on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have had my Liberty since Oct. and currently have 18k miles on it. Finally took it off-road about a month ago, and boy are the reviews correct. This vehicle handled suprisingly well and with it's footprint, you can basically hit any trail you desire. I use to own a 1986 CJ-7 (wish I still had it), and as of today I am 90% confident that my Liberty can go wherever I use to take my CJ. I still need to upgrade to larger tires and most likely will install the Rusty's Off-Road 2.5" lift when new tires are needed. If you are in the market for a cute-ute, look elsewhere, but if you want an Off-road capable vehicle, go with the LIberty - you will not be disappointed.

great jeep
By flytyerz on 05/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

this is my third jeep, having had a 2000 Cherokee and my wife drives a 2000 Grand and I like this one better than both of those. That is saying alot since both of my other Jeeps have been excellent. My Cherokee was trouble free for 30k miles before I bought my Liberty. I drive many miles on business and love the feel of this vehicle on and off road. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone looking for an SUV

First Jeep
By phllyntv on 05/22/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I really like my Jeep Liberty its my first SUV and first jeep and it rides very smoothly and handles well. My previous car was a honda del sol and I was nervous about the size and parking with the liberty but come to find out its shorter in length then my wife's toyota camry and it rides better to me then her camry but definitely better than my del sol.

I like it more than my Cherokee.
By Tim Cantor on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

A wonderfull ride! Solid, comfortable, and far more stable than I expected. Looks great too! A good replacement to Cherokee. The value for dollar is simply outstanding. No rattles, and the doors sound very solid when they close.

Second Jeep, Twice the vehicle
By trent on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Great vehicle, replaced my Cherokee which I was very fond of. I was apprehensive at first, but this is an amazing SUV for the price. Fun to drive.

Good little SUV
By bharvey67 on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

The seats could be a lot more comfortable but other than that this is a good SUV.

I love my Liberty
By Gaston on 05/17/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I changed from a Cherokee Limited to the Liberty Limited and I am amazed at the change and the increase in drinving pleasure as well as comfort. The quality of the Liberty definitely has a German flair in the craftmanship not equaled in the previous models. It is certainly a bonus. The handling and road holding ability of the Liberty outperforms that of my old (1999) Cherokee. I am very happy with that SUV.

Headache
By vito1972 on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I had wanted a liberty since last May. I bought one in October and it was great for about two months then my troubles began. I've had to go to the dealership to have my front suspension replaced, but it seems that my rear suspension is bad too. My heating system has a tendency to smell like a skunk, and my brakes don't work well any more and I don't even have 6000 miles .Overall ride quality has just gotten worse. I was going to buy an Escape,but decided on the Liberty,I may have made a mistake.

WE LOVE OUR JEEP LIBERTY
By marci on 05/15/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr 4WD SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I HAVE NO REGRETS FOR PURCHASING THIS VEHICLE. I JUST LOVE TO RIDE IN IT. MY HUSBAND HAS A GRAND CHEROKEE & SINCE WE PURCHASSED THE LIBERTY IT SEEMS LIKE THAT IS ALL HE WANTS TO DRIVE! I HAVE 2 COMPLAINTS THE GAS MILAGE IS TERRIBLE, & I SEEM TO HAVE A WEIRD NOISE AS I REACH 50 MILES PER HOUR? EVEN HIS 8 CYLYNDER CHEROKEE HAS BETTER GAS MILAGE?

Who's the Best? Jeep liberty is the Best
By redliberty1 on 05/14/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

2002 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr 4WD SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

My first Jeep. The ride is awesome nice balance between car and truck. I have 3500 miles and I'm getting 20 miles to the gallon just like the sticker says. Not one squeak or rattle. As my daughter says this truck rocks.