Used 1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Jeep Grand-wagoneer - Consumer Reviews

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer

Base 5.2L V8 4x4 4-speed Automatic - (6 reviews )

17 Years Old and Still Going Strong
By curt999

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4dr SUV 4WD

This has been an awesome vehicle. I can't believe it is 17 years old. I bought it with a 7 year, 100k complete warranty, and there were only a couple of minor things that needed repair during that time. It is still on the original exhaust system. Replaced the Radiator this year, and had to replace a heater coil once. It is great in snow and off-road. This week, the electric antennae stopped going down; not bad for 17 years; I'm looking for another 10.

Favorite Features

Traction Comfort on highway and off road reliability has both full time 4-wheel and you can lock the transmission in 4-wheel lo or hi

Suggested Improvements

This is the kind of vehicle that builds customer loyalty (if they ever have to buy another one)

Hidden quality!
By wagoneer93

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4dr SUV 4WD

Since I have owned this Jeep it has been in the shop a bit tranny (lack of maintenance 124k never been flushed and gaskets and brakes) but considering the lack of maintenance and how hard I have driven this it really puts up with anything city mpg 13-14 highway mpg 20 (k&n intake). If you need the power it is there but if you need the mileage you can get it and the wood paneling makes for awesome parking lot armor. This Jeep is 15 y. o. And could last another 10. Also the wood stays polished very well I've used turtle wax ice and the paneling is slick from late March. Handles well off road and the turning radius is good. Good engines work when you need them

Favorite Features

the sleeper look. the power 250 with k&n cai. stock c.d. player. awd. looks small compared to an explorer but it holds a lot. the off road capabilities. the interior

Suggested Improvements

availability of more speakers, 5 spd transmission, better t-case bigger wheel wells

Optional choice
By Bill

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4dr SUV 4WD

At the time I bought this I was trying to buy a GMC Jimmy for $500 less. I'm glad the GMC deal didn't happen! I bought this Jeep with 113,000 miles on it, replaced the radio, bought a battery (year 1) and I just had to put a fuel pump in it. BEST SUV I have ever owned. NOTHING stops this. The comfort of the ride is awesome! I will take the ride of this over my wife's '01 Grand Am GT any day. Wood grain took some getting used to, but I'm glad I bought it. Even now, needing a tune up, I am getting 14.4 to 18.8 MPG with an 8 cylinder. If you ever get a chance to buy one, take it!

Favorite Features

Leather interior and comfort of the ride.

Suggested Improvements

Better gas mileage. Outside of that, not a thing.

Grand Wagonner
By Geo

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4dr SUV 4WD

I bought mine from an eBay wholesaler in Maine with 90K on it last year. Runs great, love the woodgrain - it reminds me of the old (original) Wagonners they discontinued. Very comfortable, and very reliable. Had to put a cat. converter on it and I upgraded the radio with a Jeep factory original CD player, but the car looks almost brand new. Plows through the snow effortlessly - I have a vertical New England driveway and it doesn't even flinch. Gas mileage? For what I paid for it on eBay I guess can put up with 12-15 MPG around town, I only use it in the winter & put in my barn for summer.

Favorite Features

Woodgrain, leather, full power, the way it looks.

Suggested Improvements

Wish they would bring back the Grand Wagonner package back today, I'd buy another one. Also, if you get one and you get a little tear or scratch in the "woodgrain" you can touch it up with an oil based medium brown paint, can't tell the difference.

Yeee Hawwwww
By Tom n

1993 Jeep Grand Wagoneer 4dr SUV 4WD

I have only had my Grand Wagoneer for about a month, but I love it, it is the best used car I have ever had, and I have bought alot newer nicer cars.

Favorite Features

the whole package

Suggested Improvements

keep making more