2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 23 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

New car
By Mike Porter

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV High Altitude 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've only had the vehicle a month but so far Im pretty impressed. The interior looks high end, the ride is smooth. I love the overall look of the vehicle. Gas milage could be a little better and i think the engine is under powered i also hate the start/stop function. So far I really love car.

Jeep has stepped it up
By Jeremy Bevans

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Honestly I had never considered a Jeep when I started my search, nor did I realize the following that Jeep brand has. I'm a young-ish guy, hit my early thirties and decided that I wanted to finally trade in the Murano SL I'd been driving for 7 years and upgrade to a moderate "luxury" vehicle as a reward to myself for hard work. I started with looking at the usual... BMW, Mercedes, Land Rover, etc. Then I decided to broaden my search to include the $35,000 - $45,000 range for new and used. That's when I came across the Jeep GC Overland and Summit models. As I looked over the features, every one of the features that I found so appealing of luxury vehicles was built into this thing. I'm a tech-person, so the touch screen, digital display in the drivers hub, adaptive cruise control, front and rear parking sensors, blind-spot warnings, reverse cross traffic warnings, ventilated / heated seats, powered lift gate... Seriously the list goes on... When I discovered all of these in a vehicle for at least $10,000 to $15000 less than the other brands I had looked at, I could no longer justify spending >$60,000 for the base model of stereotypical "luxury" brands. The test drive is what sealed the deal. Smooth with just the right amount of power. Love it. The only issue I've had in 2 months is a small rattle that was coming from a loose engine cradle mount of some sort. Took it back and they fixed it in a couple hours. I haven't joined the cult yet, but I can see why so many people stick with Jeep. I hope it holds up.

Red Velvet Beauty
By old Bob

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought the least expensive 2WD model with the V-6. GREAT quiet solid ride. Handles great. Can't tell when this 8 speed shifts; it's so smooth. Can't comment on dealer service or reliability as we only have 800 miles on it. I really hope it stands up as well as our 2007. Fuel economy is 24 mpg with 50-50 driving. Took a 50 mile trip doing 60-65 and got 30 mpg with the air on! I don't know why reviewers rate fuel economy bad-this is a heavy(4,500 pounds) beautiful riding safe vehicle, not some tuna fish can dwarfmobile with a 4 cylinder that seats 4 people and has little storage area and couldn't tow a rowboat or go through 4 inches of water. Disappointed it didn't come with a CD player(we're old and still use THEM). Don't like that the radio comes on whenever you start the vehicle. Big negative that twice it has shifted into low gear.

Great Bang for the Buck!
By Michael

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 75th Anniversary 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Grand Cherokee is a good, solid SUV. It handles well and is fun to drive. It has good road manners and gives excellent feedback to the driver. It is a Jeep and rides a little stiffer than the competition but it is never an issue. The gas mileage is a little below the competitors but should not be a consideration when comparing SUVs.

love my jeeps
By Tiffany Hespelein

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

just upgraded to the 2016 Laredo E. so far so good. love it inside and out and under the hood.