2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

3.0 Ecodiesel Review 1
By c12ack

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First Jeep/Chrysler. First 4x4. First diesel. Bought new. Build date: 04/18/2015. Odometer: 381mi Previous SUV: 2007 Escalade. Was hesitant to pull the trigger. Reading bad reviews for 2014 model (electronics/Uconnect/tranny, etc.). So far so good. Diesel/tranny responds quick. Diesel lag is normal. Picks up quick on the highway to overtake or merge. So far averaging 26.5mpg 55-60% highway. Expect it to go up. Uconnect and drivers display is large, informative and sleek. Quick response to user input. Air suspension drops for easy passenger entry/exit. Overall cabin is spacious. Nice leather trim. Convenient/luxury features. Can't wait for 2nd review.

Favorite Features

Price is on point compared to fully loaded 2015 Tahoe LTZ/Yukon SLT. (Although the GMs seat 7+). And only a few thousand more than 4Runner TRD Pro. Overland has standard HID, tilt/telescopic/heated steering wheel. Luxury appointments included heated rear seats. Heated/cooled front seats. Big panoramic moonroof the kids enjoy. User friendly NAV/Radio/SiriusXM. Aux/USB/SD card inputs standard in all trims I believe. Drivers display highly customizable from trans/oil temp to wheel articulation to fuel efficiency to current terrain mode and high resolution. 2 USB power inputs in the rear. Great for charging phones/iPads. 115v power outlet in 2nd row and cargo area.

Suggested Improvements

Wind noise is a noticeable (comparing to the 07 Escalade.) Electronic gear shifter is weird. Prefer old school mechanical shifter. Have to double check if you are in R Neutral Drive or Sport. Climate control is mostly through Uconnect. AC and fan speed have dedicated knobs and switches but heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel is through Uconnect. A bit more effort to go to climate control screen then have to go back to map or radio screen. Windshield wiper control is on same lever as turn signal. Kind of weird to me. Wish for auto tailgate open on remote key fob. iPhone app for Uconnect is a bit buggy. Had to log out/in app just to play pandora.

Almost great so far
By movingalong

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have 4500 miles and really like this car. My only problem so far is the transmission intermittently gets stuck in 1st (not in sport mode). I notice when it is up to 4000 RPM and hit the shifter to Sport Mode which then notices high RPN and upshifts. Then back to automatic and it shifts as normal. I traded in a 2005 Jeep Liberty with a 6 speed stick. I loved that car too and "never had a trany problem. Good old sticks. Anyhow I am sure that they can fix this. I can always go to sport mode and use the paddle shifters. Everything else about this car I love and for a 68 year old I am getting quite techy. Nicest car I ever owned.

Favorite Features

Blue tooth for smart phone

Suggested Improvements

A little better rear view from inside would be nice. I didn't want to go the next step to backup camera.

Pillars Block Vision
By carm2

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been driving my Limited Jeep Cherokee for a year and really love it with a couple of exceptions. The pillars on the front windshield really block my vision significantly. I've driven over curbs more times than I like to admit. Also, even though I knew the cargo space was amongst the smallest for this size SUV, it's worse than I thought. All in all, knowing what I know now, I would not have purchased this car after all.

Favorite Features

Smooth drive. Excellent traction using the Active Drive II. Comfortable seating.

Suggested Improvements

Narrow down the front windshield pillars. Increase the cargo space.

Amazing ride
By richardar6

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Traded in 13 Kia Sorento because service center was beyond disappointing. So glad I did. I bought the Sorento to be practical, I bought this GC because I truly WANTED it. I am so glad I did. The ride improvement alone justifies my desicion. In 3 days, I've driven over 300 miles just because. I can't wait to get out of work just to drive it again. I know I sound like a kid, but I'm 45. Also, I actually have gotten thumbs up from people checking out my rims. Never would of happened in the Kia.

Favorite Features

Black 20" rims, blacked out trim, unconnect 8.4" screen, suede inserts on seats

Suggested Improvements

A few cheap out points here and there in interior, backup camera should be standard (have to take apart half interior to install). The 7" screen on the instrument cluster needs to be brighter with better graphics.

Love my Jeep, but it is having problems with transmission already
By mahrissa18

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Love my Jeep, but it is having problems with transmission already. Last night it would not go into park. I had to leave it in neutral in my garage over night with the e-brake on and Jeep powered off. When i woke up this morning the battery had died. AAA is here to bring it back to the dealership for the 2nd time, since i purchased it Dec. 19th. I get the message on the screen to "service trans" & literally it will not shift into park. It only has 500 miles on it. I am disappointed & frustrated. When i brought it in the 1st time they said it just needed a software update. Looks like they were wrong. It won't even take a jump so they're towing it in right now. Other than this i LOVED my Jeep.

Favorite Features

It's is really comfortable. Drives great. Good gas millage. Great sound system.

Suggested Improvements

Figure out the shift/transmission issue!