2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Awesome Jeep
By G Adkins

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First Jeep Grand Cherokee. Overland. 4X4. V8. I love this SUV. Great value It is comparable to BMW, Mercedes and Porsche. The cost is much less but performance is great. I have had no problems with the Jeep. Great acceleration. Just did 3000 mile road trip, very comfortable. No problem with long hill climbs fully loaded V8 easily keeps speed and accelerates well.

Exceeded my expectations
By cspillman

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a used 2015 V6 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 California Edition. I've had the car for three weeks and love it. I drove it back from Colorado to AZ and it is fun to drive and the technology is wonderful. I have owned Audi's but the fit and finish of this car is similar and the the digital dash and user friendly interface is better than Audi. I had to call to get the UConnect transferred into my name and the level of service was amazing. No wait times and everyone was extremely friendly and professional. I did purchase an extended warranty because this is my first Chrysler product and I read some bad reviews but so far this car is the best I've owned.

Great turning radius, perfect size, adaptive cruise control, great nav.

Although I can push a button behind the steering wheel to go through the pre-sets on the stereo I do miss the buttons on the dash to just pick the station I want. The gear shift is not as bad as I've read. You do get used to it and then the old school shifter seems odd when you drive one.

3.0 Ecodiesel Review 1
By c12ack

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First Jeep/Chrysler. First 4x4. First diesel. Bought new. Build date: 04/18/2015. Odometer: 381mi Previous SUV: 2007 Escalade. Was hesitant to pull the trigger. Reading bad reviews for 2014 model (electronics/Uconnect/tranny, etc.). So far so good. Diesel/tranny responds quick. Diesel lag is normal. Picks up quick on the highway to overtake or merge. So far averaging 26.5mpg 55-60% highway. Expect it to go up. Uconnect and drivers display is large, informative and sleek. Quick response to user input. Air suspension drops for easy passenger entry/exit. Overall cabin is spacious. Nice leather trim. Convenient/luxury features. Can't wait for 2nd review.

Price is on point compared to fully loaded 2015 Tahoe LTZ/Yukon SLT. (Although the GMs seat 7+). And only a few thousand more than 4Runner TRD Pro. Overland has standard HID, tilt/telescopic/heated steering wheel. Luxury appointments included heated rear seats. Heated/cooled front seats. Big panoramic moonroof the kids enjoy. User friendly NAV/Radio/SiriusXM. Aux/USB/SD card inputs standard in all trims I believe. Drivers display highly customizable from trans/oil temp to wheel articulation to fuel efficiency to current terrain mode and high resolution. 2 USB power inputs in the rear. Great for charging phones/iPads. 115v power outlet in 2nd row and cargo area.

Wind noise is a noticeable (comparing to the 07 Escalade.) Electronic gear shifter is weird. Prefer old school mechanical shifter. Have to double check if you are in R Neutral Drive or Sport. Climate control is mostly through Uconnect. AC and fan speed have dedicated knobs and switches but heated/cooled seats and heated steering wheel is through Uconnect. A bit more effort to go to climate control screen then have to go back to map or radio screen. Windshield wiper control is on same lever as turn signal. Kind of weird to me. Wish for auto tailgate open on remote key fob. iPhone app for Uconnect is a bit buggy. Had to log out/in app just to play pandora.

Almost great so far
By movingalong

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have 4500 miles and really like this car. My only problem so far is the transmission intermittently gets stuck in 1st (not in sport mode). I notice when it is up to 4000 RPM and hit the shifter to Sport Mode which then notices high RPN and upshifts. Then back to automatic and it shifts as normal. I traded in a 2005 Jeep Liberty with a 6 speed stick. I loved that car too and "never had a trany problem. Good old sticks. Anyhow I am sure that they can fix this. I can always go to sport mode and use the paddle shifters. Everything else about this car I love and for a 68 year old I am getting quite techy. Nicest car I ever owned.

Blue tooth for smart phone

A little better rear view from inside would be nice. I didn't want to go the next step to backup camera.

Pillars Block Vision
By carm2

2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been driving my Limited Jeep Cherokee for a year and really love it with a couple of exceptions. The pillars on the front windshield really block my vision significantly. I've driven over curbs more times than I like to admit. Also, even though I knew the cargo space was amongst the smallest for this size SUV, it's worse than I thought. All in all, knowing what I know now, I would not have purchased this car after all.

Smooth drive. Excellent traction using the Active Drive II. Comfortable seating.

Narrow down the front windshield pillars. Increase the cargo space.