tire & heat problems
By bryansos on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I leased a 2014 grand cherokee overland. I have 5,300 miles on it and has been in the garage over 15 times. It has a vibration in the steering wheel at 70 mph, which 90% of the dealers consider normal. The heat and a/c goes wild, you can have it set on 68 and it will blast you with 150 degree air. I used my electronic thermometer, having set 68 degrees on both sides the passenger temp came out at 152 degrees and the driver side came out at 64 degrees. If you are interested in purchasing a 2014 grand cherokee test drive it first at 70mph and set the heat at a certain temperature. The dealers have no cure cause they all do it.
By tonkatrucks
on 02/12/14 14:55 PM (PST)

I think most problems are associated with early released vehicles, prior to sw updates, etc. New shipments should be much better/ok according to most reviews i've read on jeep's web site. I didn't experience any of the problems mentioned above with my jeep.

By atraveranswers
on 02/17/14 13:25 PM (PST)

Wheel balance is the first thing I'd check on the vibration at 70 mph. This should be an easy solution. See if they use a force balancing machine at your local dealer. This did wonders for my oversized tires on my wrangler. For the temperature, a computer software update may be the answer. The only other consideration is the internal ambient temperate of the vehicle. If it's winter in my Jeep, and it's 20 degrees in the car, when i set the temperature to 74 degrees on my side of the car, once the car warms up the air that comes out is significantly warmer than 74 degrees. The idea here is to use warmer air to change the internal temp of the car to 74 as quickly as possible. The fans will be moving fast and the air is hot until the interior temperature approaches the goal temperature. Then the fans will decrease their speed and the air will become cooler. There are some variables with this heat issue that a dealer would probably need to see. Jeep is great to work with though, so if you're not getting answers to your satisfaction at one dealer, try another. It may be the difference in how one dealer handles service issues compared to another to keep you a happy Jeep customer.

By bryansos
on 02/12/14 14:19 PM (PST)

Check out "Jeep garage forum" and read all the issues with the 2014 Grand cherokee