2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Summit Step Rail

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Summit Step Rail
By thejudge410 on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased the Summit after many months of study and test driving 2013 and 14 models. I needed a step rail for family member safety and ability to use the vehicle. At the time of delivery I was informed Chrysler did not have a step rail that would fit the Summit. I could not believe it so I took delivery thinking they were wrong. A 2nd Chrysler dealer said there must be a problem in the computer because it showed 2014 as accepting the step rail but my VIN not accepting the step rail. As of today, no one has a step rail and I have a 52,000 car my wife can not get into and drive. No after market available either. I googled the problem and found a Jeep Forum question dated Oct 2013.

Suggested Improvements

Jeep needs to immediately advise all dealer ships about the problem so that every one is properly informed. 2nd, they need fix the problem by developing making available step rail for the safety of family members that need the added boost.