Take it back
By mayguire on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
This is my third Jeep but my second lease. This one has fallen short right out the gate. I bought my Jeep in February. The issue is when I tried to put the vehicle in reverse or any other gear, it would snap back into park. I would have to turn the vehicle off and on again at which time it would work but my engine light would remain on. First they said it was a 'faulty shifter module' and replaced it within 2 hrs. One week later, back in, this time they said 'it is an issue with a transmission part'. Two days in the shop. Two weeks later it's in again...now it has been in for 2 weeks come this Wednesday and they are replacing the entire transmission. Eventually.
Favorite Features
The console is nice and I like the bluetooth
Suggested Improvements
Aside from that big issue. I don't like the shifter, it's annoying, go back to the old one. Bring back the lift tailgate window. It is just a waste to not be able to open just the window or put long items in the car.
By mannysr
on 05/14/14 06:08 AM (PDT)

Just acquired (4 days ago) a 2014 Cherokee Limited. I am experiencing what appears to be transmission issues. There is a significant lag in shifting and, at time, the car stalls. Furthermore, there is a "hammer" like noise when the car is accelerated to force gear shift. Dealer service said that I had to get "used" to the new nine speed gear versus what I had before. In researching, I found that this is a big problem with this new transmission. I will pursue a fix but suspect dealers are not too familiar with the potential problem. More to follow . . .