2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Hideous support from Jeep, way

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 8-speed Automatic)

Hideous support from Jeep, way to many problems!
By mbooms on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hav 2014 Jeep Overland V8, fully loaded and its a beautiful gas guzzler that drives pretty darn well.....when it works. It is 13 months old and has about 9500 miles, here is the problem list: The forward collision warning system goes off randomnly, activating the brakes about half the time!!!! This is the worst problem I have, its unsafe, the vehicle will brake very hard when this happens, I have almost been rear ended several times. It has been in the shop 6 times for this problem. FYI they replaced the camera/sensor, the part cost $1400 according to the warranty ticket!!! 5 other signifcant problems and Jeep cust service is horrid, its getting lemon lawed!!

Favorite Features

none, Jeep customer service is horrid, they are slow unresponsive, unhelpful and difficult to even get a human to talk to. It took a month to order the part that supposedly fixed the brake problem.. They are unwilling to provide a rental or loaner for a vehicle that is unsafe to drive! I paid over $50,000 for this piece of junk!! Will never give DCJ a penny of my money again!!

Suggested Improvements

By an import vehicle!!!! Or at least a Ford or preferably a GM product, they at least make an effort to help their customers. Jeep should contract with honda, toyota or hyundai to build their vehicles,, I have never seen anything like this!! over 15 software updates, climate control sucks, remotes wont pair or hold memory settings, the lane advoidance goes off when you go around a corner.. save your money!!!!!! Get anything else!!
By scaredofmyjeep
on 08/21/14 13:27 PM (PDT)

same problem here. unfortunatly 1 of many problems. very scarey and potentially dangerous