Blast to the Future, Not the Past!!!
By dataccordexv6 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I recently purchased the GC Overland in late January. I traded a smaller Honda Accord sedan for this SUV and I am loving every second of it. My Jeep is the beautiful gold/cashmere and I received it with complimentary tinting from the dealer since I was waiting for several days for it to arrive. I live in MS and it handles the rough and lower quality roads we have SO much better than my Accord did because of the bigger wheels and better suspension setup. The 20" wheels that come with the Overland really bring the car together and make it look so much more expensive than it actually was for me. The engine and transmission really make the car feel so much more responsive and sporty than an SUV.
Favorite Features
My favorite features are of course the tech features. I opted my Overland up with the Advanced Tech Group and really love it. It really makes the car so much more high tech and makes the drive that much more fun and also more of a secure feeling knowing there is another set of eyes watching. The ACC and FCW are a lifesaver in rush hour traffic and in the congested parts where I travel sometimes. I especially also love the power liftgate and power fold mirrors. They make it much easier to park this big car and let me put the groveries and such in the car without dealing with a lazy trunk release like my previous Accord had to work with. The heated and cooled seats also help in MS weather too.
Suggested Improvements
The only thing I believe would make this car perfect is the addition of front parking sensors and adaptive headlights to the Overland trim since it is already in a high bracket. I considered the Summit trim but after the price difference for a couple extra features the Overland was more than perfect for what I was looking for and then some too.