Had it for about 4 months now...
By jeff778 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I got the Overland with light interior and the V6. Cons: -The felt stuff they used for the "misc" holder on the top of the console cannot be cleaned. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's just pure stupidity. -The silver plastic on the center console looks and feels really cheap to me. It also scratches easily. -I don't like the dry/broken-earth background on the stereo. Neutral: -The carpet isn't that great. -The plastic isn't that great. -The grill on the Overland, where it's just the outline of the "teeth" in chrome doesn't look very good. Pros: -I didn't like the flat/matte dark wood at first. I like it now. I think that was forward design. -V6 is peppy
Favorite Features
Pros: -The V8 must be a blast. -When I heard "blue leather" I was disappointed that they discontinued the saddle leather. I'm still disappointed, but the navy blue leather looks classy. -I love the way they did the LED's. -I love that the lights go up and down when you start it. (The little things. :) -The technology and comfort features are great. (The radio wasn't responding very quickly when I first got it, but it seems to be over whatever issue it had and doesn't get hung up any longer). These are my first rain-sensing wipers, and I can't believe how well they match the rain volume. Love the SD card. -Drives great, fun to drive.
Suggested Improvements
I think they should go higher end on the stereo speakers. I know they want to stratify the features to get you to upgrade models, but I'm disappointed on the quality of the nine speakers in my model. I gather that the speakers switch to Harmon's if you go with the Summit version. I think the Overland has an Alpine system. Don't get me wrong, it doesn't sound bad, so this is more of an open letter item to manufacturers in general: Take all of your speakers up two levels in quality. It's a big part of the experience of driving and you'll win customer loyalty. Your top model should have Dynaudio or equiv, your second top Polk or MB Quart or equiv.