Problems already
By davidirn on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I have about 3500 miles on my new Grand Cheorkee limited. My first problem started almost immediately, the touch screen on the dash went out. I had no air conditioning no radio no navigation system nothing at all. When I took it in to the service department it suddenly started to function and they said unless it fails when they can see it they can not fix it., one day I was able to get it into the dealer when it had failed and they did fix it but it took three weeks to get the part in. My next problem is the transmission it shifts very bad between 1st and 2nd and from 2nd back into 1st. The dealer calls it a Jeep characteristic. You feel a clunk when it shifts and you hear the clunk.
Favorite Features
Even the techs from the Jeep 1-800 number state this is normal. It is hard to believe this because it is so noticeable. In this day and age how can a major vehicle manufacture produce a product with this very noticeable and irritating problem? Other issues involves the opening of the doors, sometimes it takes 4 or 5 clicks to open the doors instead of one, same is true for the rear hatch. I have found the dealer just does not want to deal with these problems and is always making excuses instead of fixing the problems.
Suggested Improvements
Even with these issues I do like the vehicle but I really wish both the Jeep cooperation and the dealer would take more responsibility in working out the problems instead of calling them Jeep characteristics and ignoring the problems.