2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: OK So far

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Review

OK So far
By larado on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my Grand Cherokee for a week. It has been an improvement over what I had before. The only concern I have is the transmission. Does anyone have a hesitation when the accelerate from a stop and then it kicks in and when braking does it feel like a slip in the transmission?

Radio and ride smoothness

None so far unless there is a problem with the transmission.
By suvinbos
on 06/28/13 13:29 PM (PDT)

I noticed something very similar with my 2014 GC Laredo 4X4, but I wasn't sure if it was me adjusting to a totally different kind of car (I had a Nissan Juke before) or if it was an actual mechanical issue. It seems like there is a bit of puttering happening though I don't notice it happening consistently.

By konigstiger
on 06/29/13 18:28 PM (PDT)

We noticed that slight hesitation too, here's the tip we received: take the car out of 'eco-mode' unless you are highway driving. when in 'eco-mode' (small button at base of middle console) the car does hesitate at point of acceleration. Worked for us.

By larado
on 07/01/13 19:21 PM (PDT)

Thanks konigstiger I will try that and let you know. I had the dealership tell me it is getting use to my driving habits. WHAT