2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 8-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Not happy with this Jeep

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Not happy with this Jeep
By mdjeepowner on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought the Jeep GC Overland because I like the styling and read a great review by Warren Brown in the Wash Post. After owning the car for 2 months, I wish I hadn't purchased it. I've had the car in for service twice already, both times due to faulty computer issues (radio presets gone, clock not working, NAV system freezing), and transmission issues. The first time, I was told that they did software updates which should fix the problem, and the 2nd time, I was told that there is nothing wrong with the car (even though they recognize/identify the issue). Apparently, Jeep doesn't have a fix for the issue, so the issue doesn't exist.

Favorite Features

Exterior styling

Suggested Improvements

First, the ECO transmission should not be the default when you turn the car on. It goes thru the gears too quickly, and hesitates when you need to accelerate. 2nd - they need to smooth the transition from 1st to 2nd gear at slow speeds in the normal transmission mode. The car jumps into 2nd, even if you have released the accelerator, and slows down too quickly from 2nd to 1st when braking. All in - the transmission is horrible - maybe it's best to start over. They also need to improve the comfort of the seats. It doesn't matter how soft the leather is if it's covering hard, uncomfortable seat components.