Nice to look at, Horrific to drive
By bobsacamano on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
The car drove like a dream for the first 500 miles. I'm at 8,200 and every mile in between has been a nightmare. The transmission slams up and down, causing a terribly uncomfortable ride-and remember it has 8 gears so it is constantly changing gears. In the morning, the transmission has become so rough I feel as though I am being rear ended. I have had it at two different dealerships to solve the issues and both have told me it is normal-and if it something were actually wrong a fault light would illuminate. I was issued a case manager with jeep corporate. She refused to return calls-I went three days calling her three times before she picked up.
Favorite Features
4WD system is solid. Pulls through sand like a gem.
Suggested Improvements
Sell it to someone you don't like and get a Ford Explorer or Volvo XC60.
By 1madjeepowner
on 09/04/13 17:38 PM (PDT)

Thank you for the advice on the "slamming". I wish that was my only problem. And that I could get rid of this car. I am seriously considering legal action at this point. Or media. Or both.

By 2014jeepgc
on 08/15/13 19:00 PM (PDT)

Hi, you've summed up all the issues im currently having with my '14 GC LTD! I also feel like I'm rear ended every morning. I went to the Lexus dealership yesterday to trade my GC in for a RX but I don't want to take the negative equity on my trade. I'm so discouraged bc I looove how the jeep looks but the jerky ride is driving me crazy!!! What are you doing with yours?

By kpofsobos
on 08/21/13 18:06 PM (PDT)

Hi there. Myself and another reviewer here on Edmunds had a similar issue to what you both are describing. The advice the other reviewer received from Jeep was to turn off the eco mode feature which, in my model (laredo), turns on automatically each time I start the car. I noticed that this has made a difference in the way the car shifts when braking and accelerating after coming to a stop. It's definitely not as rough and "jerky" as it was with eco mode on. I still feel some shifting, so I'm learning to deal with it because like you, 2014jeepgc, I love how attractive this vehicle is and I've enjoyed it overall. Let us know if turning off the eco mode improves the issues you are experiencing.