Maybe I'm Lucky
By alanbala on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I bought 2014 GC Limited 4x4 in October, and have just under 3,000 miles on it. It works fine. No trips to dealer about anything. I've read all the negative reviews, and I'm sure if there were problems, they'd have shown up already, so I guess I'm lucky. Only complaint is no CD player, except at optional outrageous cost. Knew that when I bought it, so having no CD player wasn't a deal breaker. The GC really paid off in December and January with this crazy, snowy weather. One idiosyncrasy--when I clean touchscreen (and vehicle is completely "Off"), temp. resets to "Low" setting. Must be residual electric charge in screen even when "Off".
Favorite Features
Fit & finish is best I've seen from Chrysler, even better than my former 2007 Pacifica Touring, which was nice. Gas mileage is as advertised. Quiet ride. Ride & handling are great for a SUV. Like HD radio. Rear backup camera with guide markers that adjust with steering, and rear sensors are terrific--should be standard on all cars. Voice commands for navigation work well, but only with specific address. (Doesn't work for "Places of Interest")
Suggested Improvements
Include CD player in infotainment/navigation system. Program navigation to work for "Places of Interest". I miss the analog clock in my former Pacifica. Having one in the GC would be nice.