Love it and hate it....
By jreworld on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
Although I like the design, ride and comfort, the quality is severely lacking. This is my 2nd Jeep in a few years. I was really hoping they got it right this time. Cons: 1. Uconnect system has impressive specs, but doesn't work as designed. Had my radio replaced once due to system crashes, poor radio receptions am/fm/sat, nav issues, the list goes on. I am a software engineer and it is inconceivable to me that Chrysler would release such a buggy system without comprehensive testing. 2. Transmission is better than my 2011 JGC, but at lower speeds and gears is a real clunker. It's scary some of the sounds it makes. I'm really apprehensive about it breaking down one of these days.
Favorite Features
(review cont) 3. Finish looks good on the surface, but a day after I bought it one of the fender flares started to peel off. had to super glue it. 4. Dealer support is bad. Either thru incompetence or indifference they are not prepared for these issues or basic customer service. Particularly in Valencia, CA. Pros: 1. I do like the design and when it's working well it rocks. Recently had a 2000 mile trip and it performed brilliantly. Avg. 26 MPG. Even got me out of a muddy trench while off road in NM. 2. The air suspension is more comfortable than my 2k11 JGC Overland. 3. The Uconnect when it works has a great radio, and I'm glad they switched to the Garmin NAV.
Suggested Improvements
1. Improve quality and dealer education/training. Higher end products demand better service and treatment from Chrysler and its dealership. For those of you with similar issues check out the following two web sites. They have been extremely helpful in diagnosing problems and keep dealership service departments honest. There are some company insiders on these sites help folks out. Service Bulletins: http://www.wk2jeeps.com/wk2_tsb.htm [non-permissible content removed]