Jeep SRT - eats German luxury SUVs for lunch!
By need_for_speed on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)
I laugh when some claim a Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5 M are better or are in a different class. I originally was looking at an X3 M-Sport, but couldn't swallow spending almost 60K for an X3. I also considered the Audi SQ5, a used X5M. And I couldn't stand the snobby dealers with their nose in the air. I eventually ran into the Jeep SRT. Not only is it the most appealing of the luxury SUVs, the new interior for 2014 was bar none the best. Perhaps Audi and BMW can take a lesson from this. And it is FAST! I love that it's only marginally 'slower' than a Cayenne Turbo S that costs more than 2X! I DID 0-60 in 4.3 SEC! You decide if that's slow! Love the SRT and looking forward to many years!
Favorite Features
- New 8-speed transmission shifts flawlessly - Bold front appearance - Best-in-class infotainment (I just say 'navigate to 123 Main St', and the rest is done) - Harmon Kardon Sound Sytem rocks! - Panoramic sunroof - Eco-button when I don't care to go too fast, and want to save gas on the freeway. Have gotten 24 MPG on a 300 mile drive going 70-75. Not the norm in the SRT, but nice knowing I can go either way. - Suede seats bottoms means the seats aren't always crazy hot! - Cooled seats. - 0-60 in 4.3 seconds!!!
Suggested Improvements
I think these are all small things, but: - Need SRT badging in the front and side of the vehicle - look into braking options that don't generate so much brake dust. Ceramic brakes? - Different interior color options than black and a crazy $2000 orange leather. 2 tone red leather & black suede would be cool - Lose the chrome lines in the trunk. Everything slips around.