2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: It's the best value!

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 8-speed Automatic)

It's the best value!
By tonkatrucks on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm very happy and impressed with my new Jeep purchased 2013 between christmas and New Years. The vehicle feels solid, smooth, and is fun to drive. My search for the best SUV started early 2013 with a 2013 BMW X5 loaner while my wife's car was in for service. I test drove them all, but with the focus on a two-row, mid-size that provided good handling (for and SUV), decent acceleration and lots of leg room all around. I did not want too much storage with the school bus feel. Exterior styling and luxury interior with a large touch control/nav. screen along with a good sound system also on the wish list. The Summit provided all of these things and much more, like strong off road abilities.

Great style/design features inside and out. Good handling (for such a large SUV) much like a German designed vehicle. The V6 provides plenty of acceleration. The stereo is the best I've ever heard in any car! Blind spot detection has already helped in a few instances, very nice to have this, as well as many other higher tech features.

I don't know when American manufacturers will learn to test, debug, and optimize a product to a sufficient level prior to releasing to the market. I have read the poor reviews of the vehicle and i guess i'm one of the lucky ones with no problems at 2000 miles. The transmission does shift smoother after the sw update done last week by the dealer. I think Jeep will continue to fix problems should they arise and should be more pro active in working with dealers to fix these problems on a recall basis in order to satisfy those who have put up with more serious problems. Reliability is important to me and i think cars are much better today than in the previous years.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review