2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Great looking, not so great to

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 8-speed Automatic)

Great looking, not so great to drive
By dpkimball on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We leased our Grand Cherokee last June, and so far have not been impressed. Granted, the car is great looking, comfortable, and the interior is top notch. That being said, the transmission in this car is a nightmare. Shifting up and down through gears 1-3 is like riding in car with a 16 year old kid that is learning to drive a stick shift. It slams and lurches in and out of gears, almost to the point of being embarrassing when we have friends or guests in the car. I'm glad I leased, and that in two years I'll be able to hand over the keys to the dealer instead of being forced to keep this car long term. It's already been in twice for multiple warranty issues.

It's a great looking car, and the interior finish is really quite nice. I'm a big guy - 6'4" - and the car is very comfortable.

Jeep/Chrysler needs to come up with a fix for the transmission. Perhaps a software update so that the car can be programmed to start with ECO mode off?
By skrichte
on 07/14/14 14:12 PM (PDT)

I turn ECO mode off constantly! It only MARGINALLY changes the horrible shifting. I agree w/your review 100%