2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: GC Overland V8 - could not be

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

GC Overland V8 - could not be happier!
By jeep_owner_mi on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought my GC Overland 6 weeks ago and now passed the 3,000 mile mark. It is the V8 version with the advanced technology package. This vehicle is so far pretty much flawless and I am truly enjoying every moment driving it! First, the car is a beauty inside and out, very roomy inside, nice trim, great dual-pane sunroof; second, the driving experience is top of the line - smooth,controlled, quite, and extremely powerful. The 8.4 inch screen is really the right size to have while driving, tons of features on the electronics, and I have yet to find anything that does not work! Seats are a little firm, but the ventilation makes up for it.

Favorite Features

Adaptive cruise control - I ma getting used to it real fast, it is quite amazing (including applying some brakes when someone cuts in front of you!!! Blind spot assist, reverse cross path warning -great features! Smooth tranmission and plenty of power.

Suggested Improvements

There is no warning if you start driving and the rear lift gate is up (stupid, I know, but, it happened once). The child safety lock on the rear doors is a clumsy operation to change. I would rather have plastic in the trunck area, which can be easily cleaned.