2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo
By ruralranch on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
8000 miles. Ride and design much better than my 2010 Limited. Averaging 23 to 26 mpg. Comfortable to drive. 8-speed transmission is very clunky. I was so concerned I took it to the dealer and they said no problem. The clunks when coming to a stop remain concerning. Never had such a rough, unrefined transmission in a car, not sure I trust it. V6 is capable and fuel efficient but I do miss my V8. Radio had to be reprogrammed because it would not save Bluetooth phone pairing. There was a service bulletin on that issue.
Favorite Features
This is mostly a base model. The seats are very comfortable and the cockpit is well designed. Appealing exterior design. Overall a big improvement from the 2010 I traded in pertaining to ride, handling and comfort. That being said, see my comments below in suggested improvements that have made me a bit less loyal to the Jeep brand. I have owned 4 grand Cherokees, one Cherokee and two Wranglers over the years but my loyalty to Jeep has been reduced by this vehicle.
Suggested Improvements
Laredo headlamps are the dimmest I have ever experienced. Bright lights give the light of normal beams I have had on other vehicles. First time I have ever contemplated replacement headlamps. Tow package said it came with a full size spare - it actually came with a full size limited duty spare, not another full size tire. I feel cheated and know that the limited use spare will not work well with a trailer hitched or off road. Off road package came with street tires that are useless off road. The off road package should have all-terrain tires. As noted above, the 8 speed transmission is clunky and very unrefined. If I could do it over I would get a 4Runner. Disappointed in Jeep.