Transmission and Electronics Issues
By 1grandcherokee on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
Overall I like this Jeep so far. I drive 1000 miles for work per week. I track my milage at fuelly.com . I don't get the 24 as promised with 8 spd transmission… I get a solid 21 in my last 17 fill ups. I got into a bit of a traffic snag where I had to slam on the breaks etc, it handled far better than I expected it would. Two bad faults, my dashboard keeps going out, dealer doesn't know of a fix, and my transmission lags, sometimes stays in higher gears when breaking, and occasionally 'clunks' Those concerns aside its been 8200 miles and I just hope the dash fails so it can be fixed in warranty.. that seems expensive. My NAV sometimes freezes and I have to shut/restart the car to fix.
Favorite Features
predictable handling for an SUV, which I didn't expect. Solid ride, no surprises. Generally overall happy with the Jeep.
Suggested Improvements
Uconnect is slow responding. Starting up the car and watching the computers reboot takes a while. Autostart does not turn on interior heater until the key is in the car… seems useless that way.
By donspencer
on 10/28/13 19:23 PM (PDT)

Still appears that the 2014 was released for manufacture well before bugs had been worked out. Such a shame! And we wonder why the Japanese vehicles have such a superior reputation. it is always 10x less expensive to solve design / manufacturing issues on the screen / assembly line rather than the rush fix once delivered. Shame on U.S. manufacturer's yet again.