Buyer Beware!!!
By jloe1322 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I leased a 2014 Overland back in June and todate my jeep has been in the shop 3 times each for the navigation either going to a black screen multiple times, the adaptive cruise control failing, my windshield wipers go off when making a left hand turn, or the fact that the navigation does not work and when it goes to a black screen while driving im stuck with my heated seat on high for 2.5 hour drive. I even shut the car off got out of it and stopped numerous times on my trip to try and reset the system, to no avail. They have replaced the nav already and it is going into the shop for the 4th time. I am in the process of lemon lawing this car. Chrysler For Shaem on putting this car out!
Favorite Features
Was the nav, but it doesnt work anymore, now it goes black often and sometimes will play sound and sometimes wont play sound. Sometimes it shows a map but will not give turn by turn directions, sometimes it freezes on a screen and just shows yellow, or the map will turn black and you can barely make out roads, and this is after the 2nd navigation system installed. They have upgraded, downgraded and reinstalled software to no avail. The transmission doesnt shift correctly when driving down hill and i had it overrew to 6000rpm and not take the next gear. I had to shift to sport mode or hit the paddles to make it shift manually as the check engine light blinked at this point.
Suggested Improvements
Chrysler dont put out a car before fully testing it!!! Transmission issues, infotainment issues, electrical nightmare. I have my lawyers filing a lemon law claim against them to take this car back and when chrysler asked if i would take a swap, i laughted at the faces and said no pay me my money that i paid for this car... Adaptive cruise control did not pick up a car infront of me as it should and i had to override it to make sure i didnt crash into the back of a car. Heated seat stays on high all the time, this could cause burns, transmission does not shift correctly, and nav doesnt work. Sounds like quality craftsmanship huh?
By mikewestmd
on 01/14/14 10:31 AM (PST)

I have experienced the same thing. Every time I take it in they say that there is a computer update that will fix the issue. It's in the shop as I type this, and I am back in a rental. Even if this is still covered under warranty, it is still time consuming and expensive to rent a car every time. What ever happened with your lemon law attempt? My guess would be that they blame something different every time to avoid such a possibility.

By zulk
on 01/20/14 09:12 AM (PST)

I to have had the vehicle in 5 times now and counting so far this time they have had the vehicle for 2 weeks... I was also considering Lemon Law. Can you please provide us with an update as to if your attempt worked? Or if not what has occurred ? Anyone reading these reviews warning do not buy this car Im sure any of us with reviews would happily pass ours on.... Worst Mistake I have ever made