2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Not sure if its a keeper

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

Not sure if its a keeper
By stryker4 on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Im at 6500 miles and the car has been at the shop 6 times.
The navigation system has not worked correctly the entire time.
It will not show the correct location, so is useless.
They have done 3 updates and are currently installing the 3rd radio as we speak trying to resolve the issue. Not the quatlity or the aggrevation I was expecting. Not to sure about the transmission either it seems to not shift correctly downhill it runs up the rpm's.
If this issue isnt resolved this time looks like I will be invoking the lemon law.
I waited along time for this car at this point its a dissappointment.

Love the interior, heated/cooled seats, sunroof, backup camera, and bluetooth. I also have the anti collision package very nice addition.

Transmission needs a real good review and the Uconnect system seeing alot of complaints. Would appear it has a bad design or is a cheap product. Do not like the black carpet shows everything and when I ordered the tan interior I was shocked to see the carpet was black. Car charger in the front does not work when the car is turned off.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By alanbala
on 10/28/13 11:19 AM (PDT)

"downhill it runs up the rpm's" - This is a "hill holder" feature, and I have it on the Jeep GC Limited I just bought (will review after I have some miles on it), and on our Kia Optima EX. You can defeat it. On the Jeep, just use the paddle shifter to move to a higher gear setting. Re: the carpets. I have the light frost interior, but I knew it came with black carpets because the interior color configuration is shown on the Jeep website.

By chipperk49
on 11/06/13 12:44 PM (PST)

I am in the same boat as you, do they not have the lemon law in your state? I am invoking my lemon law rights and they have agreed to give me a new one (except I'm upgrading to the V8 to avoid the transmission issues that are plaguing the V6 8-speed). Good luck!

By jloe1322
on 11/13/13 09:25 AM (PST)

Chipper Im invoking the lemon law and doing a full buyout, how long did your process go with chrysler and their response?