2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: Transmission and Electronics I

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L V6 FFV 4x4 8-speed Automatic)

Transmission and Electronics Issues
By 1grandcherokee on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Overall I like this Jeep so far.
I drive 1000 miles for work per week.
I track my milage at fuelly.com .
I don't get the 24 as promised with 8 spd transmission… I get a solid 21 in my last 17 fill ups.
I got into a bit of a traffic snag where I had to slam on the breaks etc, it handled far better than I expected it would.
Two bad faults, my dashboard keeps going out, dealer doesn't know of a fix, and my transmission lags, sometimes stays in higher gears when breaking, and occasionally 'clunks'
Those concerns aside its been 8200 miles and I just hope the dash fails so it can be fixed in warranty.. that seems expensive.
My NAV sometimes freezes and I have to shut/restart the car to fix.

predictable handling for an SUV, which I didn't expect. Solid ride, no surprises. Generally overall happy with the Jeep.

Uconnect is slow responding. Starting up the car and watching the computers reboot takes a while. Autostart does not turn on interior heater until the key is in the car… seems useless that way.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By donspencer
on 10/28/13 19:23 PM (PDT)

Still appears that the 2014 was released for manufacture well before bugs had been worked out. Such a shame! And we wonder why the Japanese vehicles have such a superior reputation. it is always 10x less expensive to solve design / manufacturing issues on the screen / assembly line rather than the rush fix once delivered. Shame on U.S. manufacturer's yet again.