2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By bwill9126 on
2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)
I have owned 3 cars and all have been the Jeep brand. I purchased the Limited with Lux II package and couldn't be more happy with the build quality, extra features and fuel economy (as compared to the Wrangler). My 30 mile/day trip averages 19 to 20 mpg's, but is up to 21-22 on highway driving. A tank of gas will last me two weeks with my standard driving routines. I have read reviews regarding problems with the UConnect system (the screen going blank or slow to no response), the electronic shifter being difficult to get used to, and the panoramic sunroof leaking. I am fortunate to have had none of these problems.
Favorite Features
Quiet ride, excellent handling, and good mpg's for a mid-size SUV. 6-cyl. engine is powerful and does't lag nearly as much as my 4-door Wrangler (though the V8 was fun to test drive). Would recommend the Lux II package for its upgrades (panoramic sunroof, rain sensing wipers, upgraded leather interior and LED headlamps). I would also recommend the upgraded 8.4 N navigation system; this system is great in highway driving especially when unfamiliar with the area since the system shows lane choice prior to exit approach.
Suggested Improvements
Cargo room was not as large as some other mid-size SUV's I test drove, although that hasn't really been a problem for me yet. My handsfree system is sometimes slow to sync (up to 5 minutes) with my phone and iPod. Took a bit of getting used to the sound controls on the steering wheel; I hit the paddle-shifters instead a couple of times, though, as I got more used to the vehicle, this is no longer a problem.