2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Review: BMW goes Jeep

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Review

BMW goes Jeep
By e336 on

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been driving a long list of German cars over the past 20 years - in fact this is my first American car. My last vehicle was a BMW X6. After two weeks with my GC Summit, I have to admit that it's fun to drive, has excellent performance, great fuel economy for a 5K plus pound vehicle, and is quiet. There are some differences in interior fit and finish quality. Some of the plastic on the center console looks cheap and is in stark contrast to the generally great quality of the dash/instrument panel and seating. Overall, however, for a car with a list prices of nearly $25K less than an X6, it's a great value.

The technology in the car is fantastic. Huge, bright display that refreshes quickly. Anyone who has used an iDrive will appreciate how quickly you can move across functions from radio to navigation, etc. The variable cruise control also works extremely well and the crash avoidance really works - had the chance to test this when a driver unexpectedly hit the breaks without signaling.

Work on the quality of the interior trim below the LED display and controls. It's just not up to the quality of the rest of the car.