2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2014 GC Summit
By mema124

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Have had this GC a little over 1 yr and have had it to service on average once a month including 2 recalls and I'm waiting for the 3rd one. For the last 3 months the car has a creeking ( like walking on a old wood floor ) that starts in the back and moves all around the car,including when you shut the car off it still continues,It was in the shop for what should have been 2 days turned into 10 days and less than 2 miles down the road it started doing the same thing .I have recorded the sounds numerous times abd have them saved .Today as it sat running in my garage I raised the back and i could hear it coming from the rear door I put my hand around touching and felt so much play.Not normal ,

Update - still no problems
By alanbala

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased 2014 Jeep GC Limited late Oct. 2013. Vehicle built Sept. 2013. 7700 miles, and no problems. Only 1 recall item re: vanity mirror wiring in driver's sun visor. MPG as advertised. Rides, handles & runs very well. We find it very comfortable. Only "real" complaint is paddle shifters are too close to rim of steering wheel. Sometimes when turning wheel quickly, I will accidentally hit paddle shifter and go into manual shift mode. I like the GC Limited, and I see a whole lot of them out there. Can they be as bad as some consumer reviewers say? Not based on my experience.

Ride, handling, quiet interior, and performance is great when you take it out of "Eco" mode. Fit and finish is really nice. U-Connect touch screen is very intuitive and easy to use. Media system handles and lists contents of USB flash drive loaded with CD's in folders and sub-folders in straight alfa-numeric order (Our other car's system must not have enough memory--it can't do that). Handled driving in heavy snow conditions last winter with ease.

Move paddle shifters in & away from rim of steering wheel (see above). I have the top-line "infotainment-navigation package" & for the price, a CD player ought to be included. I miss the analog clock I had in my previous vehicle (2007 Pacifica AWD Touring). It would be nice if analog clocks were not limited to Chrysler models.

GC Limited Ecodiesel - Mileage & Torque King
By sbackart

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Recently switched from Honda to the Jeep Grand Cherokee Ecodiesel and could not be happier. A realistic 32 MPG HWY and 24 MPG mixed driving for a 5,300 pound 4WD vehicle is incredible. With its maximum torque available at ~2000 RPM, acceleration from 0-35 outperforms most "sports" sedans...which makes it imminently drivable around town. Sport mode is essential for spirited driving; Eco mode is docile and delivers best fuel economy (~24 MPG City). The interior is very comfortable, and of high quality. I love the open pore wood trim. Only 1 problem to date (DEF injector), which was fixed quickly by the dealer. No other issues!

Diesel engine. Mileage, Torque. Classic SUV styling and nice interior design with quality touches. LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights. HID headlamps. Heated and cooled seats. Open pore wood trim. 8 speed transmission is smooth.

Improve sometimes fussy shifter.

I hate this car.....
By jlp60

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee, and by far my least favorite. Every feature in this car has been thought out (excuse me - not thought out) to be for driver safety and passenger comfort. 1) I love that quick automatic turn signal that only blinks 3 times. Works so poorly in heavy traffic. Its a great feature when you drive put a turn signal on and when finishing changing lanes the signal flashes as though you are turning back to thee lane you came from. 2) I always love a car that lurches when starting to move forward. 3) I have driven rear wheel drive cars that handle snow better than my 4x4 Jeep.

I like thee color black. The radio seems to work. Seriously, dealer service has been great.

Go back to making a much simpler and more reliable car, half the electronic junk and less automatic stuff. If I wanted all this I would have bought a sedan.

Looks great, Build quality is a true Chrysler.
By ajg1136

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my Jeep a year ago and have waited until now to write this review because I wanted to give it a thorough testing. I love the looks both inside and out. I like the features and got a good deal. The build quality just sucks. I'm normally a Toyota person but bought this after being disappointed with the ride of the new 4Runner. I was hesitant about buying a Chrysler due to their poor reputation for quality and it turns out I should've listened to myself.

Looks awesome, handles well, has great list of standard features, gas mileage is decent at 18 MPG average in mixed driving.

The first thing that started to drive me crazy was the "eco" feature. With this turned on (it is ALWAYS on as a default, you have to turn it off every time you start the car) it sucks ALL of the power out of the already underpowered engine. The 8 speed transmission shifts to 6th gear at 30 MPH and either bogs down when you try to accelerate OR downshifts to 2nd and redlines. With the "eco" button turned off the engine is barely adequate. Keyless system has failed twice, has been in for 3 recalls and Jeep won't give me a loaner vehicle for days of repairs, and after driving through a puddle the battery compartment (under the passenger seat) filled with water. Typical Chrysler.