2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Had it for about 4 months now...
By jeff778 on 07/01/13 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got the Overland with light interior and the V6. Cons: -The felt stuff they used for the "misc" holder on the top of the console cannot be cleaned. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's just pure stupidity. -The silver plastic on the center console looks and feels really cheap to me. It also scratches easily. -I don't like the dry/broken-earth background on the stereo. Neutral: -The carpet isn't that great. -The plastic isn't that great. -The grill on the Overland, where it's just the outline of the "teeth" in chrome doesn't look very good. Pros: -I didn't like the flat/matte dark wood at first. I like it now. I think that was forward design. -V6 is peppy

Good Luck:
By trade99 on 06/30/13 06:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought this vehicle and it has been nothing but problems. Safety issues and quality issues. Good luck with your purchase.

The best of what we are made of?
By racing_s2k on 06/28/13 10:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

To make a long story short, I picked up my 2014 JGC on June 13 with 12 miles. Made a right out the dealer lot and the radio (8.4a) would not stop flipping. Transmission would not shift out of first gear. Took it right back to the dealer. The steering column sensor was bad, which controls the radio and transmission. This part had to be approved and shipped by Chrysler. It took over a week for the dealer to receive the part, and another couple days to install the item and test the vehicle. I understand that mistakes happen and you can not expect perfection. However, a DOA vehicle, Chrysler's taking so long to repair a vehicle, and other little defects cause me to questions the build quality.

OK So far
By larado on 06/26/13 18:53 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my Grand Cherokee for a week. It has been an improvement over what I had before. The only concern I have is the transmission. Does anyone have a hesitation when the accelerate from a stop and then it kicks in and when braking does it feel like a slip in the transmission?

What's missing?
By brookman1 on 06/24/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Loving our new vehicle but totally misled by dealer around iPhone connectivity. They even programmed all our four iPhones for us before we left the dealer. But, after several reprogramming and calls to the dealer, they told us the car is not compatible with iPhones. Other major deficiency is a back up camera or sensors.

Blown away
By romanr1 on 06/22/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Two of our 4 kids are in college now and it was time to sell our T&C for a smaller car. Did an intense analysis looking for a new SUV: cheched 4Runner, Explorer, Mazda 7 and 9, Chevies. Nothing came close to the new 2014 GC in value and price. Mine Limited with roof, nav, hitch, everything heated was 34.5K before taxes - no other car had that amount of feature for comparable money. The quality of interior, driving experience, fuel economy (17.8 in city, 24 on the road - 8speed transmission!), quietness, the number of gadgets, electronics - totally satisfied! So far got 2000 miles.

Fluke or Flaw?
By konigstiger on 06/17/13 18:45 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought brand new on April 5. While driving home, 'Service Air Suspension System Immediately' light went on. Returned it, it was 'fixed', on way home it again went off, and kept going off, sometimes 3-4 cycles worth. Back to dealership. When dropped off, had 1060mi on it, 360 of which were spent back and forth for repairs. They have had the Area Tech look at it, and also gotten the Engineering & Parts Development Dept's involved, as well as the company that designed the suspension system. No luck, Has been there a combined 3 weeks for same problem. Beware: When Jeep has problem, it becomes yours too. Case is now in hands of settlement team, but nothing is moving forward. Can you say lemon?

2014 jeep Grand Cherokee LTD-4x4 V8
By camrydc on 04/11/13 08:46 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love this jeep. The Navigation, Sound System, Hemi V8 power. I can connect my iphone wirelessly to the system and listen to all my songs. Seats are comfortable, Vehicle looks amazing. Got the 20 inch wheels. I drive almost all locally and short distances so my first mileage check im getting 14.7 mpg. Only thing I might have done differently is go with another color. I chose the green which usually looks black its so dark.

Loving this baby!
By pinkrn on 04/09/13 06:59 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I traded in a 2013 Honda Pilot that I only owned for 6 months. When I bought the Pilot I actually wanted a Jeep, but due to peer pressure, I caved and bought the Pilot. Well after 6 months of driving what felt like a cardboard box on wheels, I traded for the Jeep Limited. I LOVE this car. It is very responsive and smooth. The interior is exquisite and I love the detailing on the leather seats. The exterior is actually what sold me on this SUV. It looks so refined and streamlined. I actually didn't even realize that it was different than the 2013 models, but oh boy is it. Keyless ignition is awesome. Love the fact that I don't have to dig for my keys in the bottom of my purse.

So far so good!
By spd1136 on 04/07/13 14:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've only had my GC for a few days but I'm very impressed so far. The ride is outstanding and quiet, the gas mileage averages over 20mpg in mixed driving and the engine has plenty of power. The ONLY option over the base model I opted for was 4WD; everything else comes standard! It has leather wrapped doors and steering wheel, touch screen everything and Bluetooth, satellite radio, automatic headlights, paddle shifters and steering wheel controls, auto climate control and much more. I'm really not missing anything!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*