2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 9

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Really like this car!
By harvemax on 12/29/13 11:11 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After test driving other names in the mid-size,this one fit me the best.I love the way it feels on the road.We have all weather conditions here.I've taken it up and down heavy gravel,sand and snow terrain.I took her up to northern bc for x-mas this year and had miles of glare ice ,hard pack snow,really rough highways,no problem maintaing 50-60 mph.The family and I were completely comfortable.I feel safe and confident driving it.Haven't had any issues except the fuel door doesnt like to open in -25 temp.I did recieve a recall notice to repair a ground wire.Have 6k on it now and will wait until she goes in for her first service at 8k to address the recall.

2014 Jeep GC Overland DIESEL
By 14gcdiesel on 12/26/13 10:56 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just traded my 2008 Mercedes GL 320 CDI for this GC Overland Diesel. Wow, what an awesome job Jeep has done with this engine and transmission. I cannot believe how impressed I am with the ride quitness, the engine, and transmission. The ride is much better than my Mercedes. The fit/finish and drivetrain puts my wife's 2012 GMC Acadia to shame! I am hard to impress when it comes to cars. I have owned BMW's, Mercedes, Honda's, Acura's, Volvo's, and GMC's, but this diesel Jeep GC is by far my most favorite. (Edmunds did not have the diesel GC model available for review, thus the reason for chosing the V6 option)

Highway Robbery
By kgastenaue on 12/17/13 19:38 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car in March and it has been broken from day 1.The lights in the air conditioning panel never lit up but some of the others did. I asked the sales person about it and he said "those lights don't illuminate in this model". I brought the car back for service. They kept my car for the day, 'ran some updates' and they still didn't light up. In addition my trunk wasn't opening 90% of the time. I was told if they couldn't duplicate the problem it couldn't be fixed. I took it to another service center instead. The whole light panel had to be replaced and updates hadn't been done at all to my car from before I bought it. Three trips later my trunk still wont open most of the time.

Disaster and huge dissapointment
By tlntan on 12/13/13 19:18 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It's incomprehensible to me that Jeep continues to ignore the problems on the 14 GC. There are innumerable reports of issues with this vehicle, and frankly, I'm very suspect of any positive reviews. My 14 Limited was purchased in July and it has been to the shop at least 7 times. I'm in rental cars constantly, and the vehicle is still not right. From the transmission, to the unintentional radio presets clearing, to the issues with the driver seat (now being replaced), etc., etc. And thousands of people are having similar issues. Less than 6k miles, and it's been an expensive, time consuming mess.

BMW goes Jeep
By e336 on 12/01/13 15:13 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've been driving a long list of German cars over the past 20 years - in fact this is my first American car. My last vehicle was a BMW X6. After two weeks with my GC Summit, I have to admit that it's fun to drive, has excellent performance, great fuel economy for a 5K plus pound vehicle, and is quiet. There are some differences in interior fit and finish quality. Some of the plastic on the center console looks cheap and is in stark contrast to the generally great quality of the dash/instrument panel and seating. Overall, however, for a car with a list prices of nearly $25K less than an X6, it's a great value.

Buyer Beware!!!
By jloe1322 on 11/13/13 09:23 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I leased a 2014 Overland back in June and todate my jeep has been in the shop 3 times each for the navigation either going to a black screen multiple times, the adaptive cruise control failing, my windshield wipers go off when making a left hand turn, or the fact that the navigation does not work and when it goes to a black screen while driving im stuck with my heated seat on high for 2.5 hour drive. I even shut the car off got out of it and stopped numerous times on my trip to try and reset the system, to no avail. They have replaced the nav already and it is going into the shop for the 4th time. I am in the process of lemon lawing this car. Chrysler For Shaem on putting this car out!

Nice Ride
By alanbala on 11/11/13 18:06 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Negative consumer reviews here and elsewhere stopped me from looking at 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Six months later, I went to a Jeep dealer and checked out a 4wd GC Limited. Chrysler jacked up the prices by about $300 (probably to cover all the warranty expenses on the earlier production models), so I guessed they had fixed all of the problems. Bought one, and now have 1100+ miles on it & it runs fine. No transmission pbs., no touch screen/UConnect pbs. Quiet, comfortable, rides & handles well. Fit & finish is so good, you'd never think you were in a Chrysler product. We're a two car family, & this is our 1st vehicle since 1995 to actually achieve the EPA mpg numbers.

Stay Away!
By atl7 on 11/11/13 06:53 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We have owned our 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland for 5 months. Tomorrow will be the fifth time it is going in the shop. We have transmission problems that are dangerous, problems with the radio which controls the heat/ac/clock/navi, the speedometer blanked out at one time and the abs breaks maded the car almost come to a complete stop on a highway. The Jeep dealership continues to do "computer updates" to the car and it continues to have problems. Now we also have a squeak in the back. Beautiful car but terrible reliability! Not safe to drive!!!!!!! Do Not Buy.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
By bwill9126 on 11/08/13 21:52 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 3 cars and all have been the Jeep brand. I purchased the Limited with Lux II package and couldn't be more happy with the build quality, extra features and fuel economy (as compared to the Wrangler). My 30 mile/day trip averages 19 to 20 mpg's, but is up to 21-22 on highway driving. A tank of gas will last me two weeks with my standard driving routines. I have read reviews regarding problems with the UConnect system (the screen going blank or slow to no response), the electronic shifter being difficult to get used to, and the panoramic sunroof leaking. I am fortunate to have had none of these problems.

Phantom Shifts
By ednuss on 11/05/13 12:30 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my 3.6L Limited for about 5 weeks. I like the features, and find the cabin very comfortable. Having been a Grand Cherokee owner for 23 years, I would have preferred to get the basic one, but the navigation was only available with the upgrade. The only problem I have had is "phantom shifting". Once in a parking lot, I stopped at a crossroad and when I tried to head thru the intersection, the engine revved up, and I was in neutral. Another time, I was driving about 35 mph, when the engine suddenly revved up, an I lost forward momentum. This time it was in second gear. Big problem if the car slows at highway speed and one is being tailgated!! There will be no brake lights.