2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
doomed from day one
By lvmcgee on 07/18/13 11:15 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I picked up my new jeep on july 12 and on the way home the screen for the u connect went out and it was 90 degrees so no ac , no radio, nothing. I should have known better than to think that a Chrysler product was going to be a good move from my Chevrolet which never gave me a minutes trouble. this means that in the winter if this goes out you have no heat either and no manual way to defrost . very disappointed at my decision . and the carpet is the cheapest thing I have ever seen, and you cant clean it. it is at the dealer for the second time in three days now for the same thing. Big mistake,they didn't test these things at all . 47 thousand dollars worth of trouble

The Worst They're Made Of
By ashenmorality on 07/17/13 12:31 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well I had written a long review, but it didn't post because of Edmunds glitch. In short, transmission not smooth: jerks. Air suspension message error when not using it and not hot outside. Uconnect issues. Key Fob liftgate problems. Remote Start HVAC problems. Leather seats and dash prematurely cracking. Uconnect a joke compared to other systems: no convenience features such as Pandora, iheart radio, etc. Voice dictation laggy. Yelp search is a joke.

2014 5.7 V8 JGC OVERLAND
By surferron on 07/11/13 18:17 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Getting 20.2 mpg hwy. improved after engine break in. Large media screen is nice but slower than a Lexus. Good voice recognition . Hard seats with great ventilation. Cheap plastics for interior . Lots of ports for plug ins.

Update after 3 weeks of ownership. Shame on Chrysler!
By racing_s2k on 07/10/13 10:13 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Took delivery of my new 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Drove it less than a mile from dealer. Transmission would not shift out of first, and radio would flip continuously. Faulty steering column control sensor. Took 1.5 weeks for the repair. Drove it for a week and the dash lit up like a Christmas tree. Dealer said they could not duplicate the error. Searching forums, I found others have this problem. Faulty ABS module. The dealer contacted Chrysler at my insistence, who said the ABS module is bad. It is on national B/O. I have been a loyal Jeep customer for years. Just know you are beta testing this vehicle. Never again!! Chrysler said they will not cover a rental, to make matters worse.

Had it for about 4 months now...
By jeff778 on 07/01/13 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I got the Overland with light interior and the V6. Cons: -The felt stuff they used for the "misc" holder on the top of the console cannot be cleaned. I have no idea what they were thinking. It's just pure stupidity. -The silver plastic on the center console looks and feels really cheap to me. It also scratches easily. -I don't like the dry/broken-earth background on the stereo. Neutral: -The carpet isn't that great. -The plastic isn't that great. -The grill on the Overland, where it's just the outline of the "teeth" in chrome doesn't look very good. Pros: -I didn't like the flat/matte dark wood at first. I like it now. I think that was forward design. -V6 is peppy

Good Luck:
By trade99 on 06/30/13 06:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought this vehicle and it has been nothing but problems. Safety issues and quality issues. Good luck with your purchase.

The best of what we are made of?
By racing_s2k on 06/28/13 10:17 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

To make a long story short, I picked up my 2014 JGC on June 13 with 12 miles. Made a right out the dealer lot and the radio (8.4a) would not stop flipping. Transmission would not shift out of first gear. Took it right back to the dealer. The steering column sensor was bad, which controls the radio and transmission. This part had to be approved and shipped by Chrysler. It took over a week for the dealer to receive the part, and another couple days to install the item and test the vehicle. I understand that mistakes happen and you can not expect perfection. However, a DOA vehicle, Chrysler's taking so long to repair a vehicle, and other little defects cause me to questions the build quality.

OK So far
By larado on 06/26/13 18:53 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had my Grand Cherokee for a week. It has been an improvement over what I had before. The only concern I have is the transmission. Does anyone have a hesitation when the accelerate from a stop and then it kicks in and when braking does it feel like a slip in the transmission?

What's missing?
By brookman1 on 06/24/13 20:07 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Loving our new vehicle but totally misled by dealer around iPhone connectivity. They even programmed all our four iPhones for us before we left the dealer. But, after several reprogramming and calls to the dealer, they told us the car is not compatible with iPhones. Other major deficiency is a back up camera or sensors.

Blown away
By romanr1 on 06/22/13 06:22 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Two of our 4 kids are in college now and it was time to sell our T&C for a smaller car. Did an intense analysis looking for a new SUV: cheched 4Runner, Explorer, Mazda 7 and 9, Chevies. Nothing came close to the new 2014 GC in value and price. Mine Limited with roof, nav, hitch, everything heated was 34.5K before taxes - no other car had that amount of feature for comparable money. The quality of interior, driving experience, fuel economy (17.8 in city, 24 on the road - 8speed transmission!), quietness, the number of gadgets, electronics - totally satisfied! So far got 2000 miles.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$161 per month*