2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Grand Cherokee Overland 4 x 4
By jeffb17 on 01/26/14 19:46 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had the Overland Grand Cherokee for about a month and have put about 1,200 miles on the car. I'm very happy with the technology in the car, the ride, comfort, and looks. I have read complaints about the transmission lag. I agree there is a bit of a lag but I suspect it has to do with the eco mode. When you put the car in sport mode or take out of the eco mode it gets better. It doesn't really bother me as if I wanted a fast car I would not have bought an SUV. I have also read about problems with the U Connect system as well as the Navigation. I haven't seen any yet and I'm happy with the system. Overall I'm very happy with the Jeep.

Blast to the Future, Not the Past!!!
By dataccordexv6 on 01/25/14 19:33 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I recently purchased the GC Overland in late January. I traded a smaller Honda Accord sedan for this SUV and I am loving every second of it. My Jeep is the beautiful gold/cashmere and I received it with complimentary tinting from the dealer since I was waiting for several days for it to arrive. I live in MS and it handles the rough and lower quality roads we have SO much better than my Accord did because of the bigger wheels and better suspension setup. The 20" wheels that come with the Overland really bring the car together and make it look so much more expensive than it actually was for me. The engine and transmission really make the car feel so much more responsive and sporty than an SUV.

Great SUV.
By trilliam on 01/25/14 18:18 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit a month ago. Already have 2k miles on it and it is indeed a joy to drive. Handles in snow and high winds beautifully. The electronics are a bit overwhelming in the first few days - best to plan a few 10 minute parking times to play with adjustments. I found lots of great features in the menus. Love it so far. And the weather has given the SUV a real workout. But it is an amazingly comfortable, quiet and nice riding vehicle!

Run away
By captkirk2 on 01/23/14 21:28 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a 2014 GC Summit diesel for Christmas less than a month old and been into the dealer 3 times. This last time tranny is stuck in 3rd gear, all I can say is do not buy this vehicle! You have been warned! If you are even considering a Heep run away, run far away....

Perfect Jeep...Beats my BMWs!
By hoosier02 on 01/23/14 19:39 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have been driving German vehicles for years now and I decided to take a detour and give jeep a try. Paid $45,580 (much less than my BMW X6) and have been very happy. I love the transmission because it "feels" German which equates quality. Same with the interior; the steering column is fantastic and the touch screen is simple to figure out and amazing agile. I have read many reviews trashing this car and I don't understand because I have had not one issue with the car since it's purchase last August. I drive nearly 100 miles a day and enjoy every mile of it. Many of my co-workers have driven it to lunch and are always impressed (mainly with the technology and the feel of the transmission).

SorryWePurchased
By gotcheated on 01/23/14 11:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit on Dec 21, 2013. 18 days later it was flatbed towed out of my home garage. It would not shift into reverse. Due to our dissatisfaction, we were kicked up to corporate with Resolution team. A brand new transmission is being installed now, a full 2 wks after being towed. Being told from service dept that it is taking longer to install than anticipated, as it is a bigger job than they thought. That makes the customer feel confident. Virtually no communication from corporate or dealership. Do not want this "new" majorly repaired car back. Problem with the transmission seems to be happening with many of the new purchases. Expected a reliable new vehicle for the $

Waste of Money
By lamontmotley on 01/23/14 07:30 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Grand Cherokee in July of 2013. I have the 2014 model. Since the beginning this car has been problems. Originally it was said that the system was new, that is why no one had any real knowledge on what to do when I had a problem. I have taken it in 8 times only for them to find one or two problems. The rest they said they can fix if it is not acting up at the time. I have had issues like the sunroof being stuck open, the dashboard going out, transmission not shifting correctly, radio went out, buttons on door won't lock them, just to name a few. I wish I had know then what I know no, I would have saved my money and my time. If you are in the market for a car this is not it.

Nice to look at but terrible computer system
By zulk on 01/15/14 20:09 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I fell in love with the 2014 Grand cherokee limited. Loved the style and the features included seemed like it was well put together. Sadly that was short lived. Mechanically the car has been good but the electronic head unit is a complete nightmare constantly freezes reverse camera never works heating/cooling radio anything controlled through the head unit including navigation cant be changed when it freezes until you get out of the vehicle make sure the fob is far enough from the car for the computer to reset. 5 attempts so far to fix latest is a head unit replacement we will see

Horrible Electonics - Summit 5.7L 4x4
By jeeh on 01/15/14 18:00 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Safety hazard; Mirrors and columns obstruct vision - big time. Dangerous!!! GPS; Use your phone or buy another car. GPS tends to gives bogus directions. It sends me in/out of the freeway for no reason. Hum; car hums. Dealer says "Hemi hum", period - end of story. They demonstrated that other GC do the same. Radio; Volume must be adjusted and re-adjusted each time we change AM to AM and back. If you do so - to avoid commercials - buy another car. Dealership acknowledged the problem, demonstrated that other 2014 GC do the same and replaced the radio - to no avail. Reception is very weak as well. Too many useless buttons on steering wheel. Other electronic features are inadequate as well.

Looks good, but...
By mikewestmd on 01/14/14 10:40 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I, like many others, have had constant issues with the Navigation system and slow hesitation when the transmission shifts gears. I have had this vehicle for 2 months, and it is now in the shop for the 3rd time related to the same issues. Navigation reboots itself or screen goes to static. My radio, both FM and Sirius, have more static than I have ever had with any other vehicle. The outside temp shows the wrong temp, yesterday it showed -40. My MIL light came on again yesterday as well. Each time I take it to the shop, they say that there is a software update to fix the issue, but I am starting to doubt they actually know what the issue is. WAIT for Jeep to fix this before you purchase it!

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$161 per month*