2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
SorryWePurchased
By gotcheated on 01/23/14 11:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit on Dec 21, 2013. 18 days later it was flatbed towed out of my home garage. It would not shift into reverse. Due to our dissatisfaction, we were kicked up to corporate with Resolution team. A brand new transmission is being installed now, a full 2 wks after being towed. Being told from service dept that it is taking longer to install than anticipated, as it is a bigger job than they thought. That makes the customer feel confident. Virtually no communication from corporate or dealership. Do not want this "new" majorly repaired car back. Problem with the transmission seems to be happening with many of the new purchases. Expected a reliable new vehicle for the $

Waste of Money
By lamontmotley on 01/23/14 07:30 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Grand Cherokee in July of 2013. I have the 2014 model. Since the beginning this car has been problems. Originally it was said that the system was new, that is why no one had any real knowledge on what to do when I had a problem. I have taken it in 8 times only for them to find one or two problems. The rest they said they can fix if it is not acting up at the time. I have had issues like the sunroof being stuck open, the dashboard going out, transmission not shifting correctly, radio went out, buttons on door won't lock them, just to name a few. I wish I had know then what I know no, I would have saved my money and my time. If you are in the market for a car this is not it.

Nice to look at but terrible computer system
By zulk on 01/15/14 20:09 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I fell in love with the 2014 Grand cherokee limited. Loved the style and the features included seemed like it was well put together. Sadly that was short lived. Mechanically the car has been good but the electronic head unit is a complete nightmare constantly freezes reverse camera never works heating/cooling radio anything controlled through the head unit including navigation cant be changed when it freezes until you get out of the vehicle make sure the fob is far enough from the car for the computer to reset. 5 attempts so far to fix latest is a head unit replacement we will see

Horrible Electonics - Summit 5.7L 4x4
By jeeh on 01/15/14 18:00 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Safety hazard; Mirrors and columns obstruct vision - big time. Dangerous!!! GPS; Use your phone or buy another car. GPS tends to gives bogus directions. It sends me in/out of the freeway for no reason. Hum; car hums. Dealer says "Hemi hum", period - end of story. They demonstrated that other GC do the same. Radio; Volume must be adjusted and re-adjusted each time we change AM to AM and back. If you do so - to avoid commercials - buy another car. Dealership acknowledged the problem, demonstrated that other 2014 GC do the same and replaced the radio - to no avail. Reception is very weak as well. Too many useless buttons on steering wheel. Other electronic features are inadequate as well.

Looks good, but...
By mikewestmd on 01/14/14 10:40 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I, like many others, have had constant issues with the Navigation system and slow hesitation when the transmission shifts gears. I have had this vehicle for 2 months, and it is now in the shop for the 3rd time related to the same issues. Navigation reboots itself or screen goes to static. My radio, both FM and Sirius, have more static than I have ever had with any other vehicle. The outside temp shows the wrong temp, yesterday it showed -40. My MIL light came on again yesterday as well. Each time I take it to the shop, they say that there is a software update to fix the issue, but I am starting to doubt they actually know what the issue is. WAIT for Jeep to fix this before you purchase it!

Major low gear shift problem due to new engine
By shannum on 01/10/14 08:58 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I absolutely despise driving this vehicle due to the lower shift gear hesitation when accelerating from a stopped position. We've tried a few computer updates but it didn't help. It's a shame b/c the rest of the vehicle is great - very comfortable, smooth ride, great styling, etc. When I tow the issue is less noticeable b/c its forced to move thru the gears more quickly but then I only get 11.5 mpg. Whenever people tell me they are thinking about purchasing one, I hand them my keys for a test drive. I always get them back with a "No way." I'm skeptical of any review that can overlook this major issue.

Wished I had not bought it
By davidirn on 01/08/14 14:16 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had nothing but problems with my new $50K Jeep GC limited. Transmissions clanks when shifting. Hesitates when trying to speed up. The uconnect went out and had to be replaced. Touch screen went out. Rear hatch will not open when pressing the remote control. Rear hatch inside trim fell off. Door locks takes several attempts to open the door. GPS is very unreliable. Set the radio to a station and turn it back on and it goes to another station. But the worst problem is the blind spots around the vehicle, I have almost gotten into several accidents because of the poor visibility. Each time I have taken the vehicle into the dealer it is like pulling teeth to get them to honor the warranty

Really like this car!
By harvemax on 12/29/13 11:11 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After test driving other names in the mid-size,this one fit me the best.I love the way it feels on the road.We have all weather conditions here.I've taken it up and down heavy gravel,sand and snow terrain.I took her up to northern bc for x-mas this year and had miles of glare ice ,hard pack snow,really rough highways,no problem maintaing 50-60 mph.The family and I were completely comfortable.I feel safe and confident driving it.Haven't had any issues except the fuel door doesnt like to open in -25 temp.I did recieve a recall notice to repair a ground wire.Have 6k on it now and will wait until she goes in for her first service at 8k to address the recall.

2014 Jeep GC Overland DIESEL
By 14gcdiesel on 12/26/13 10:56 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just traded my 2008 Mercedes GL 320 CDI for this GC Overland Diesel. Wow, what an awesome job Jeep has done with this engine and transmission. I cannot believe how impressed I am with the ride quitness, the engine, and transmission. The ride is much better than my Mercedes. The fit/finish and drivetrain puts my wife's 2012 GMC Acadia to shame! I am hard to impress when it comes to cars. I have owned BMW's, Mercedes, Honda's, Acura's, Volvo's, and GMC's, but this diesel Jeep GC is by far my most favorite. (Edmunds did not have the diesel GC model available for review, thus the reason for chosing the V6 option)

Highway Robbery
By kgastenaue on 12/17/13 19:38 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought this car in March and it has been broken from day 1.The lights in the air conditioning panel never lit up but some of the others did. I asked the sales person about it and he said "those lights don't illuminate in this model". I brought the car back for service. They kept my car for the day, 'ran some updates' and they still didn't light up. In addition my trunk wasn't opening 90% of the time. I was told if they couldn't duplicate the problem it couldn't be fixed. I took it to another service center instead. The whole light panel had to be replaced and updates hadn't been done at all to my car from before I bought it. Three trips later my trunk still wont open most of the time.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$132 per month*