2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Problems
By tinybook on 02/20/14 14:45 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Brand New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been in the shop for 18 days in the 38, I have owned the car. Transmission phantom shifts and revs unprovoked. There is a knocking in the front end when braking that the dealer said was an issue then came back to say that knocking is "normal" for all 2014 JGC. Also the same climate issues that other reviews state. I am a lifelong Jeep customer. Owned 6 in 20 years. This will be our last one.

my new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
By golden20 on 02/18/14 06:08 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My lease on a 2011 Mercedes E-350 four matic was expiring & I drove ALL the high end suvs, & NOTHING comes close to my Summit!! The Mercedes M class seats are a pain to put down, expensive for gas & insurance, the Audi don't give a decent lease payment, same for the BMW X-5. A lot of suvs also don't have avail the active headlights, which are awesome!!I have had no problems with anything, gas mileage is about 19 city & 25 highway. A really fab vehicle!!

Summit Step Rail
By thejudge410 on 02/17/14 12:34 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased the Summit after many months of study and test driving 2013 and 14 models. I needed a step rail for family member safety and ability to use the vehicle. At the time of delivery I was informed Chrysler did not have a step rail that would fit the Summit. I could not believe it so I took delivery thinking they were wrong. A 2nd Chrysler dealer said there must be a problem in the computer because it showed 2014 as accepting the step rail but my VIN not accepting the step rail. As of today, no one has a step rail and I have a 52,000 car my wife can not get into and drive. No after market available either. I googled the problem and found a Jeep Forum question dated Oct 2013.

A lot more car for the money!!! Nissan is dead to me.
By hurricaneoleg on 02/16/14 19:25 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car replaced my 2012 Nissan Murano SL AWD. Before I test drove the Grand Cherokee I swore by Nissan... Imagine my surprise when I found out that for the same $ I can be driving a v8, have real leather, navi, xm and a bunch of other things, like ground clearance, a lot more safety features, way better built body and (most importantly),an extremely reliable 4x4 system that NEVER overheats leaving me stranded! I love this truck that feels like a truck, despite being almost the same size as Murano! I test drove so many suv's and crossovers before getting this one with 20" wheels... No words, for the money (and otherwise) this is the best car you can get, bar none. Nothing else can compare.

Great Car But Can't Pair with Galaxy Note 3
By mylblujeep on 02/12/14 17:43 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just bought the Overland 4x4 V6 and I do love it. However, it appears that it still has glitches. I would give it 5 stars but my must have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can't pair with the Uconnect/Nav/Stereo system. Confirmed with manufacturer that it's still behind in addressing the issue. In fact, if you look at their compatibility list, it's a short list. Pathetic that Jeep/Chrysler/Uconnect can't address this issue. Also, there appears to be some concerns with the Front Collision Warning system. Many can't verify if this system actually works. Also, system appears to work differently when Adaptive Cruise Control is on versus off. Hope Chrysler reads this and address these issues.

tire & heat problems
By bryansos on 02/10/14 15:17 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I leased a 2014 grand cherokee overland. I have 5,300 miles on it and has been in the garage over 15 times. It has a vibration in the steering wheel at 70 mph, which 90% of the dealers consider normal. The heat and a/c goes wild, you can have it set on 68 and it will blast you with 150 degree air. I used my electronic thermometer, having set 68 degrees on both sides the passenger temp came out at 152 degrees and the driver side came out at 64 degrees. If you are interested in purchasing a 2014 grand cherokee test drive it first at 70mph and set the heat at a certain temperature. The dealers have no cure cause they all do it.

It's the best value!
By tonkatrucks on 02/09/14 08:28 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm very happy and impressed with my new Jeep purchased 2013 between christmas and New Years. The vehicle feels solid, smooth, and is fun to drive. My search for the best SUV started early 2013 with a 2013 BMW X5 loaner while my wife's car was in for service. I test drove them all, but with the focus on a two-row, mid-size that provided good handling (for and SUV), decent acceleration and lots of leg room all around. I did not want too much storage with the school bus feel. Exterior styling and luxury interior with a large touch control/nav. screen along with a good sound system also on the wish list. The Summit provided all of these things and much more, like strong off road abilities.

Over estimated our Overland's build quality
By daver10 on 02/06/14 22:05 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought our 2014 V8 equipped Overland in April. We really liked the premium features when compared to our previous 2004 Durango. The air ride shocks make the truck ride better than ANY truck I have experienced. As well, we've gotten as high as 26 MPG at 62 - 65 mph, exceptional if you ask me. However, we've had this truck in the shop 6 times already for: electronics, bad radio display, oil pan replacement, recalls, etc. Past experience with other brands of vehicles tell me that I should plan on selling this truck right before the warranty expires.

Mixed bag, hvac system. Buyer beware!
By pa350z2006 on 02/06/14 20:05 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I traded in a Honda pilot as my Honda pilot had the VCM issues. This car is so quiet on the highway compared to Honda. It definitely feels more luxurious than a Honda pilot. The ride in the car is good considering it's a true SUV. However I would advise you before purchasing this car to try out the heat controls in the vehicle. On a cold day turn it to manual at 60° and see how hot the air comes out the vents. It turns the car into a sauna and then goes a complete reversal and blows cold air in. The Jeep dealership told me that is because even in manual mode it's behaving like a thermostat trying to get the car of 60°. For this reason alone I hate driving the vehicle.

Maybe I'm Lucky
By alanbala on 01/29/14 12:26 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought 2014 GC Limited 4x4 in October, and have just under 3,000 miles on it. It works fine. No trips to dealer about anything. I've read all the negative reviews, and I'm sure if there were problems, they'd have shown up already, so I guess I'm lucky. Only complaint is no CD player, except at optional outrageous cost. Knew that when I bought it, so having no CD player wasn't a deal breaker. The GC really paid off in December and January with this crazy, snowy weather. One idiosyncrasy--when I clean touchscreen (and vehicle is completely "Off"), temp. resets to "Low" setting. Must be residual electric charge in screen even when "Off".

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$161 per month*