2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
It's the best value!
By tonkatrucks on 02/09/14 08:28 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I'm very happy and impressed with my new Jeep purchased 2013 between christmas and New Years. The vehicle feels solid, smooth, and is fun to drive. My search for the best SUV started early 2013 with a 2013 BMW X5 loaner while my wife's car was in for service. I test drove them all, but with the focus on a two-row, mid-size that provided good handling (for and SUV), decent acceleration and lots of leg room all around. I did not want too much storage with the school bus feel. Exterior styling and luxury interior with a large touch control/nav. screen along with a good sound system also on the wish list. The Summit provided all of these things and much more, like strong off road abilities.

Over estimated our Overland's build quality
By daver10 on 02/06/14 22:05 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought our 2014 V8 equipped Overland in April. We really liked the premium features when compared to our previous 2004 Durango. The air ride shocks make the truck ride better than ANY truck I have experienced. As well, we've gotten as high as 26 MPG at 62 - 65 mph, exceptional if you ask me. However, we've had this truck in the shop 6 times already for: electronics, bad radio display, oil pan replacement, recalls, etc. Past experience with other brands of vehicles tell me that I should plan on selling this truck right before the warranty expires.

Mixed bag, hvac system. Buyer beware!
By pa350z2006 on 02/06/14 20:05 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I traded in a Honda pilot as my Honda pilot had the VCM issues. This car is so quiet on the highway compared to Honda. It definitely feels more luxurious than a Honda pilot. The ride in the car is good considering it's a true SUV. However I would advise you before purchasing this car to try out the heat controls in the vehicle. On a cold day turn it to manual at 60° and see how hot the air comes out the vents. It turns the car into a sauna and then goes a complete reversal and blows cold air in. The Jeep dealership told me that is because even in manual mode it's behaving like a thermostat trying to get the car of 60°. For this reason alone I hate driving the vehicle.

Maybe I'm Lucky
By alanbala on 01/29/14 12:26 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought 2014 GC Limited 4x4 in October, and have just under 3,000 miles on it. It works fine. No trips to dealer about anything. I've read all the negative reviews, and I'm sure if there were problems, they'd have shown up already, so I guess I'm lucky. Only complaint is no CD player, except at optional outrageous cost. Knew that when I bought it, so having no CD player wasn't a deal breaker. The GC really paid off in December and January with this crazy, snowy weather. One idiosyncrasy--when I clean touchscreen (and vehicle is completely "Off"), temp. resets to "Low" setting. Must be residual electric charge in screen even when "Off".

Grand Cherokee Overland 4 x 4
By jeffb17 on 01/26/14 19:46 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had the Overland Grand Cherokee for about a month and have put about 1,200 miles on the car. I'm very happy with the technology in the car, the ride, comfort, and looks. I have read complaints about the transmission lag. I agree there is a bit of a lag but I suspect it has to do with the eco mode. When you put the car in sport mode or take out of the eco mode it gets better. It doesn't really bother me as if I wanted a fast car I would not have bought an SUV. I have also read about problems with the U Connect system as well as the Navigation. I haven't seen any yet and I'm happy with the system. Overall I'm very happy with the Jeep.

Blast to the Future, Not the Past!!!
By dataccordexv6 on 01/25/14 19:33 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I recently purchased the GC Overland in late January. I traded a smaller Honda Accord sedan for this SUV and I am loving every second of it. My Jeep is the beautiful gold/cashmere and I received it with complimentary tinting from the dealer since I was waiting for several days for it to arrive. I live in MS and it handles the rough and lower quality roads we have SO much better than my Accord did because of the bigger wheels and better suspension setup. The 20" wheels that come with the Overland really bring the car together and make it look so much more expensive than it actually was for me. The engine and transmission really make the car feel so much more responsive and sporty than an SUV.

Great SUV.
By trilliam on 01/25/14 18:18 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit a month ago. Already have 2k miles on it and it is indeed a joy to drive. Handles in snow and high winds beautifully. The electronics are a bit overwhelming in the first few days - best to plan a few 10 minute parking times to play with adjustments. I found lots of great features in the menus. Love it so far. And the weather has given the SUV a real workout. But it is an amazingly comfortable, quiet and nice riding vehicle!

Run away
By captkirk2 on 01/23/14 21:28 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought a 2014 GC Summit diesel for Christmas less than a month old and been into the dealer 3 times. This last time tranny is stuck in 3rd gear, all I can say is do not buy this vehicle! You have been warned! If you are even considering a Heep run away, run far away....

Perfect Jeep...Beats my BMWs!
By hoosier02 on 01/23/14 19:39 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have been driving German vehicles for years now and I decided to take a detour and give jeep a try. Paid $45,580 (much less than my BMW X6) and have been very happy. I love the transmission because it "feels" German which equates quality. Same with the interior; the steering column is fantastic and the touch screen is simple to figure out and amazing agile. I have read many reviews trashing this car and I don't understand because I have had not one issue with the car since it's purchase last August. I drive nearly 100 miles a day and enjoy every mile of it. Many of my co-workers have driven it to lunch and are always impressed (mainly with the technology and the feel of the transmission).

SorryWePurchased
By gotcheated on 01/23/14 11:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit on Dec 21, 2013. 18 days later it was flatbed towed out of my home garage. It would not shift into reverse. Due to our dissatisfaction, we were kicked up to corporate with Resolution team. A brand new transmission is being installed now, a full 2 wks after being towed. Being told from service dept that it is taking longer to install than anticipated, as it is a bigger job than they thought. That makes the customer feel confident. Virtually no communication from corporate or dealership. Do not want this "new" majorly repaired car back. Problem with the transmission seems to be happening with many of the new purchases. Expected a reliable new vehicle for the $

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in WA is:

$163 per month*