2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
8 speed trans
By loc1183 on 05/16/14 10:18 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well I never thought I would have to write a review. After working for Chrysler for 42 years and driven nothing but Chrysler producst I'm about to change. I purchased a 2014 Jeep Overland and have had to return it to the shop several times for transmission problems. Trans is a 8 speed and it really sucks. Jerks forward to approx. 2800 -3000 rpm. when starting out. When merging into traffic no response when accelerator is pressed then jumps into passing gear. Thought I was back in the sixties again. Dealership tells me that it is the characteristic of that vehicle. Well when you buy a $50000.00 vehicle you kind of expect everything to be right. Ok I think I'll try a Ford.

Chrysler will not stand by the product.
By bugeye62 on 05/13/14 17:42 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We bought our 2014 Overland in December of 2013. It isn't six months old yet, and the leather is pealing on the lower part of the driver's side seat. We had to make two trips to the dealership in order to have the manager take pictures so that he could then send them to Chrysler. Chrysler says they will not fix it. Too bad, because other than the leather pealing, it is a great vehicle. However, I am afraid to think of what I would have to prove if something went wrong with the drive train. BUYER BEWARE. If they won't fix something small like leather, what will happen with something big?

I love this car
By janlaw on 05/07/14 06:26 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my 2014 JGC Summit. It drives so smooth and quiet. The bigger touch screen is great and makes it easier to see the maps. The sound system is the best I have ever had in a car and love it. The handling is so sweet, corners well and it has plenty of pick up and go. The gas mileage is so much better than my old Hemi. It looks beautiful on the outside and inside. I feel pampered and spoiled to say the least. A fun and great SUV to own. I say get one and enjoy it.

Jeep SRT - eats German luxury SUVs for lunch!
By need_for_speed on 04/13/14 16:22 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT 4dr SUV 4WD (6.4L 8cyl 8A)

I laugh when some claim a Porsche Cayenne or BMW X5 M are better or are in a different class. I originally was looking at an X3 M-Sport, but couldn't swallow spending almost 60K for an X3. I also considered the Audi SQ5, a used X5M. And I couldn't stand the snobby dealers with their nose in the air. I eventually ran into the Jeep SRT. Not only is it the most appealing of the luxury SUVs, the new interior for 2014 was bar none the best. Perhaps Audi and BMW can take a lesson from this. And it is FAST! I love that it's only marginally 'slower' than a Cayenne Turbo S that costs more than 2X! I DID 0-60 in 4.3 SEC! You decide if that's slow! Love the SRT and looking forward to many years!

Best SUV ever
By jim448 on 04/07/14 22:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have owned 8 SUVs. Including explorer, expedition 4 runner and sequoia. Best SUV ever by far. Better interior than any foreign car I have owned.

Great looking, not so great to drive
By dpkimball on 04/03/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We leased our Grand Cherokee last June, and so far have not been impressed. Granted, the car is great looking, comfortable, and the interior is top notch. That being said, the transmission in this car is a nightmare. Shifting up and down through gears 1-3 is like riding in car with a 16 year old kid that is learning to drive a stick shift. It slams and lurches in and out of gears, almost to the point of being embarrassing when we have friends or guests in the car. I'm glad I leased, and that in two years I'll be able to hand over the keys to the dealer instead of being forced to keep this car long term. It's already been in twice for multiple warranty issues.

Take it back
By mayguire on 03/31/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my third Jeep but my second lease. This one has fallen short right out the gate. I bought my Jeep in February. The issue is when I tried to put the vehicle in reverse or any other gear, it would snap back into park. I would have to turn the vehicle off and on again at which time it would work but my engine light would remain on. First they said it was a 'faulty shifter module' and replaced it within 2 hrs. One week later, back in, this time they said 'it is an issue with a transmission part'. Two days in the shop. Two weeks later it's in again...now it has been in for 2 weeks come this Wednesday and they are replacing the entire transmission. Eventually.

Fun to drive if you get it to stop falling apart
By villyg on 03/22/14 14:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car is very nice to drive but this is what we've been dealing with so far and it has only been 8K miles Random error messages about network error. Last door to be closed has to be slammed shut. Navigation thinks it is a block left or right from current location. Cruise control randomly shuts off. Buttons on steering wheel and on the control cluster getting stuck and locking down everything else. Voice control absolutely horrible. This is just a fraction of what we have been going through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIAzAu0scMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ITCrE1oro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWoZPb0Yt88

Could Not take it anymore!
By hortmi on 03/20/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After driving my 14 Limited for a year and 20K miles and countless days in the dealer I just could not take it anymore. Ac issues,Uconnect and transmission issues finally made me trade it in. I had a early production 14 and was working a deal with the dealer to trade it in on a latter 14. I started thinking twice about going through this hell with another Jeep. I thought I'd gave the dealer another chance to get the bugs worked out because I really liked the Jeep and had done several upgrades. It was in the shop this time for three days and was returned to me worse than when I took it in. I'm sorry to say I traded it in on the way home for a Volvo. I sleep at night now!

2014 Grand Cherokee LTD - Giving it a Shot
By nyawker on 03/19/14 14:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I read some of the complaints but a few friends have the truck for a while with no issues at all. Firstly, you can not beat the deals Jeep is giving on these trucks. The value for the money is unreal. I love the U Connect interface. It is by far easier to use than BMW I-Drive, Audi MMI, or Lexus. Have an Audi and had the others. The features are terrific, intuitive, and easy to use. Heated seats front, rear, and steering wheel. I got the 20" wheels and the ride is firm and comfortable. The steering is precise. The transmission is the same 8sp electronic that BMW uses. It has 3 drive modes. No electronic, HVAC, or transmission issues at all..

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee in VA is:

$161 per month*