2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews 4

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Grand Cherokee Overland: misery loves company
By scaredofmyjeep on 08/21/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Thought my problem were so unusual that I would get support til I read these entries. Transmission:Routinely refuses to change gear. Have to shift it into Sports mode and then back into regular mode to get it out of 1st gear; b. has started popping out of gear into neutral while the car is in motion and will not go back into gear. 2. Cruise Control doesn't work. 3. Engine light remains on all of the time. 4.FCW cruise control and Select Terrain don't work even after module replaced 5. navsystem wanders off road constantly, 6. USB plug inop 7. phone periodically disconnects w/service alert 8.locked itself with key(and dogs) inside Ready to sell at a $10k loss. piece of junk.

Great car but terrible reliability
By jintseng on 08/12/14 19:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We experienced electrical problems 3 weeks after buying it. We opted for the 5.7 V8 Overland with QuadraDrive II. Check the Jeep forums to know problems associated with each model. Our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a check engine light turn on and off randomly. The shut off while the car was in drive, the air suspension raised and lowered, the windshield wipers would come on and off, the headlights would shut off in the middle of the night, and the doors would unlock themselves while the car was parked randomly. My wife was stuck at the mall for 3 hrs when the car would not turn on. The dealership tried to fix the car for 6 months to no available and we were without a loaner for initially.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Diesel
By kloten20 on 08/04/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It could be an excellent vehicle, sharp looking, fun to drive and all the bells. But there is where it stops. My first american car after over 18 years of Japanese and German. To put it short, the most expensive and also worst vehicle I have ever bought/owner. Just within 5000 miles I had the car at the dealership for the same electronic issue and they still could not figured it out. I never had so much stress owning any vehicle. Finally I had enough and traded it in after only five months of ownership. What a pity. It is absolutely sad, that Chrysler has not more pride in their product. Consequently this will be my last Chrysler product ever.

Base model represents and excellent value
By credd on 07/26/14 17:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Too many other reviewers have complained about poor throttle response and the 'default to eco-mode' transmission. Sport mode on the transmission is intuitive and impressive in its ability to hold a lower gear when torque is needed on demand. I regularly toggle between 'D' and 'S' modes with a simple reward tug on the transmission selector handle for the times when I want fuel savings or for the times when throttle response is of utmost importance. The base model Laredo is a two wheel drive model, and the only option I chose was 23E (8-way adjustable electric drivers seat). I am averaging 20.8 MPG over 5500 miles of mixed city/highway driving. Comfortable ride and fine handling.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel
By jeepgcfan on 07/19/14 08:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This Review is for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel (EDMUNDS Please Add This Engine Choice)Additional features on this already highly capable SUV include the Advanced Technology Package. Despite being a Jeep family and a GC fan, I did a substantial amount of research before purchasing this $50K SUV given the amount of recalls on Chrysler products recently. I looked at BMW, Porsche, and Land Rover but could not find an SUV that even came close for the $50K price point anywhere close to new (or even slightly used). It is important to note this configuration with the Diesel engine literally has almost every feature and is more than enough SUV for most people.

Great Looking Car, Needs Help
By jcoots on 07/05/14 18:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Leased a 2014 JGC Overland. Had it for a year & just traded it for an Acura. All in all, not a bad car. Comfortable, nice features (when they worked), sharp looking. Definitely opt for V8 or V6 (I didn't - mistake). Jeep has got to focus on overall reliability across the board. In particular is the technology. So unreliable. Would turn on car & no volume, navigation has no idea where I am. Half the time couldn't change stations or adjust volume. UConnect is a waste. You get Yelp & Pandora for a fee (free on my teenagers Honda Accord). Navi input crazy slow. The wifi option is expensive & completely worthless. Transmission stinks. Step on accelerator & stand still for a few seconds.

Hideous support from Jeep, way to many problems!
By mbooms on 07/03/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I hav 2014 Jeep Overland V8, fully loaded and its a beautiful gas guzzler that drives pretty darn well.....when it works. It is 13 months old and has about 9500 miles, here is the problem list: The forward collision warning system goes off randomnly, activating the brakes about half the time!!!! This is the worst problem I have, its unsafe, the vehicle will brake very hard when this happens, I have almost been rear ended several times. It has been in the shop 6 times for this problem. FYI they replaced the camera/sensor, the part cost $1400 according to the warranty ticket!!! 5 other signifcant problems and Jeep cust service is horrid, its getting lemon lawed!!

Total Lack of Support
By floridateacher on 07/01/14 07:35 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought a JGC Ltd. in January and loved almost everything about it. But in May I had an accident that caused all of the front air bags to deploy. The vehicle was repaired in about 3 weeks but I am now in my 7th week waiting for the knee air bag to arrive and be installed. The collision center has done everything it can and I called Chrysler Support. What a joke, they are telling me it will be another 8 weeks before the part will be available. They have offered NOTHING in the way of support like a free rental car even though I have maxed out my rental insurance. I will NEVER buy another Chrysler product. How can they sell cars they don't have parts for? Does the customer mean nothing?

First SUV after sport lux cars
By bakoff on 06/29/14 10:33 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have a 2014 JGC Altitude 4x4 with a May 2014 build date, and it is really great so far. I am confident that many of the issues reported in the early builds were software related and have been cleared up. My observed mpg is 17, so that is a little disappointing. I will admit that I have kind of a heavy foot. Coming from a string of luxury sport sedans, the lower mpg is offset in part by getting to use regular gas rather than premium (which costs about 12% less at current prices in my area), and dyno oil rather than synthetic.

accident waiting to happen
By nonap on 06/25/14 13:02 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Gas pedal delayed response almost causing accident. I accelerated at stop sign man decided to cross street I saw him. put my foot on break. had to apply break hard because accelerator finally responded. I looked down at the gas pedal to see if my foot was on both pedals but I was only on the break. This is not a wish list but is a serious defect & needs to be recalled & fixed. it could have caused that man his life, & I would have to live with the guilt. Took delivery April 2014. car is 2014 model. I have complained about lag time & they say its now computerized instead of direct linkage. & my security breach by Bluetooth on 24/7 even without keys in car