2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
I hate this car.....
By jlp60 on 09/14/14 19:25 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my 3rd Jeep Grand Cherokee, and by far my least favorite. Every feature in this car has been thought out (excuse me - not thought out) to be for driver safety and passenger comfort. 1) I love that quick automatic turn signal that only blinks 3 times. Works so poorly in heavy traffic. Its a great feature when you drive put a turn signal on and when finishing changing lanes the signal flashes as though you are turning back to thee lane you came from. 2) I always love a car that lurches when starting to move forward. 3) I have driven rear wheel drive cars that handle snow better than my 4x4 Jeep.

Looks great, Build quality is a true Chrysler.
By ajg1136 on 09/11/14 09:08 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I bought my Jeep a year ago and have waited until now to write this review because I wanted to give it a thorough testing. I love the looks both inside and out. I like the features and got a good deal. The build quality just sucks. I'm normally a Toyota person but bought this after being disappointed with the ride of the new 4Runner. I was hesitant about buying a Chrysler due to their poor reputation for quality and it turns out I should've listened to myself.

Goodbye Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
By zoneta on 08/30/14 12:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had 6 new JGC & have watched them improve in style & quality every year. I traded in my 2011 for a 2014 & found the quality of the 2011 superior to the 2014. The price now same as Audi/Lexi/BMW. The electronic transmission shift isn't user friendly, it clunks into gear & is difficult to move into position, the letters in the dr's dash window showing NSE&W sometimes match the gear letters & it can be too much computer info when you're driving. The 2011 hatch door had 2-opening choices, full hatch or top half window. The 2014 cheapened their costs eliminating the top window. I just want to say goodby Jeep Grand Cherokee I'll drive it for a year and go elsewhere next year.

Countless Problems with 8.4" Screen-Radio
By slick7108514 on 08/27/14 10:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned my 2014 GC Overland V8 for about 6 months. After 3 months my screen froze and radio/hvac went haywire. The radio froze on full blast and the hvac froze on full heat. The knobs did nothing and the touch screen was completely frozen. Screen/radio unit was completely replaced. Dealer forgot to transfer my sirius subscription, so spent over an hour on the phone with sirius explaining that I did not purchase a new radio, blah, blah. New unit seemed to solve my problems. Then about three months later, the screen completely turned off as I was on the highway. Been dead for about a month. No radio, backup camera, etc. Dealer is going to replace unit AGAIN.

My Laredo E is an excellent vehicle
By crpatriots on 08/26/14 00:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am extremely happy with my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4. I have had it for 6 months now, about 8,000 miles. I am happy to say that I have experienced none of the engine/electronics/transmission issues that some other reviewers have written about. For me, my JGC has given me the perfect blend of size, performance, and comfort. I am constantly getting compliments on how it looks (inside and outside), as well as how it rides. I average about 20 miles per gallon with about half city, half highway driving. I came from a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 (which was another good vehicle, honestly) - but the extra room and power of the JCG makes me happy I "upgraded."

Grand Cherokee Overland: misery loves company
By scaredofmyjeep on 08/21/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Thought my problem were so unusual that I would get support til I read these entries. Transmission:Routinely refuses to change gear. Have to shift it into Sports mode and then back into regular mode to get it out of 1st gear; b. has started popping out of gear into neutral while the car is in motion and will not go back into gear. 2. Cruise Control doesn't work. 3. Engine light remains on all of the time. 4.FCW cruise control and Select Terrain don't work even after module replaced 5. navsystem wanders off road constantly, 6. USB plug inop 7. phone periodically disconnects w/service alert 8.locked itself with key(and dogs) inside Ready to sell at a $10k loss. piece of junk.

Great car but terrible reliability
By jintseng on 08/12/14 19:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We experienced electrical problems 3 weeks after buying it. We opted for the 5.7 V8 Overland with QuadraDrive II. Check the Jeep forums to know problems associated with each model. Our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a check engine light turn on and off randomly. The shut off while the car was in drive, the air suspension raised and lowered, the windshield wipers would come on and off, the headlights would shut off in the middle of the night, and the doors would unlock themselves while the car was parked randomly. My wife was stuck at the mall for 3 hrs when the car would not turn on. The dealership tried to fix the car for 6 months to no available and we were without a loaner for initially.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Diesel
By kloten20 on 08/04/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It could be an excellent vehicle, sharp looking, fun to drive and all the bells. But there is where it stops. My first american car after over 18 years of Japanese and German. To put it short, the most expensive and also worst vehicle I have ever bought/owner. Just within 5000 miles I had the car at the dealership for the same electronic issue and they still could not figured it out. I never had so much stress owning any vehicle. Finally I had enough and traded it in after only five months of ownership. What a pity. It is absolutely sad, that Chrysler has not more pride in their product. Consequently this will be my last Chrysler product ever.

Base model represents and excellent value
By credd on 07/26/14 17:37 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Too many other reviewers have complained about poor throttle response and the 'default to eco-mode' transmission. Sport mode on the transmission is intuitive and impressive in its ability to hold a lower gear when torque is needed on demand. I regularly toggle between 'D' and 'S' modes with a simple reward tug on the transmission selector handle for the times when I want fuel savings or for the times when throttle response is of utmost importance. The base model Laredo is a two wheel drive model, and the only option I chose was 23E (8-way adjustable electric drivers seat). I am averaging 20.8 MPG over 5500 miles of mixed city/highway driving. Comfortable ride and fine handling.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel
By jeepgcfan on 07/19/14 08:50 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This Review is for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 EcoDiesel (EDMUNDS Please Add This Engine Choice)Additional features on this already highly capable SUV include the Advanced Technology Package. Despite being a Jeep family and a GC fan, I did a substantial amount of research before purchasing this $50K SUV given the amount of recalls on Chrysler products recently. I looked at BMW, Porsche, and Land Rover but could not find an SUV that even came close for the $50K price point anywhere close to new (or even slightly used). It is important to note this configuration with the Diesel engine literally has almost every feature and is more than enough SUV for most people.