2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
6th Time Back to Dealer for Continued Problems!
By jvesci on 02/26/14 18:45 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I left a review this summer only 30 days into the purchase of my '14 JGC Ltd. and reported that I was having multiple problems mainly with the U-Connect system. I'm now reporting back 7 months later into owning this complete hunk of monkey crap which has now been in the Dealer's shop 6X for U-Connect and other "electronic issues/failures". Chryser is so tired of hearing from me that they decided to rip out my Jeep's U-Connect and replace it with a brand new one. They told me "this would fix everything". Continued problems I am facing include HVAC malfunction, no heat, airbag failure, U-Connect black screen, seat belt malfunction, Phone, Radio, Navi malfunction, the list goes on and on and on

TWO CAR JEEP GC FAMILY
By ronsboys on 02/26/14 18:28 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My wife and I both own a Jeep GC Overland. She has the 2013 V-8 Overland and as a result of our enjoyment of her car, I leased a 2014 V-6. Overall, excellent. Gas mileage on the V-6 is excellent for the vehicles' size. Interior is well laid out and very comfortable as we are both over 5'11" tall.

2014 JGC Summit Review
By mr_kranky on 02/26/14 14:59 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Picked up my Grand Cherokee Summit with the EcoDiesel last week. Power delivery is exceptional with the 8 speed automatic and diesel engine. Averaging about 25 mpg in mixed driving with winter blend diesel. Fit and finish is flawless. Found a delivery checklist at Jeep Garage dot org and went over the Jeep with a fine tooth comb upon receipt, no issues. More snow headed our way this weekend so we'll see how the 4wd system works. So far, I am loving this vehicle. Truth be told, this is the nicest vehicle that I have ever owned, and I have owned quite a few.

Faulty Transmission
By swags727 on 02/23/14 13:47 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This vehicle has great potential. This Jeep could be great and has many likeable and commendable attributes. This Jeep has two issues; one rather substantial. The Audio/Nav system is basically the electronic brains of the vehicle and it has bugs, lots of bugs. The bigger issue is the transmission, it is awful. Perhaps it's not widespread (I hope it's not) and it's just my particular jeep but I have never driven a more balky transmission. It lurches, it has delays, it feels like their is a disconnect between the pedal and acceleration. In summary it is the opposite of smooth :( If it is fixable, I'll be overjoyed...If not, extremely disappointed.

Problems
By tinybook on 02/20/14 14:45 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Brand New 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee has been in the shop for 18 days in the 38, I have owned the car. Transmission phantom shifts and revs unprovoked. There is a knocking in the front end when braking that the dealer said was an issue then came back to say that knocking is "normal" for all 2014 JGC. Also the same climate issues that other reviews state. I am a lifelong Jeep customer. Owned 6 in 20 years. This will be our last one.

my new 2014 Grand Cherokee Summit
By golden20 on 02/18/14 06:08 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My lease on a 2011 Mercedes E-350 four matic was expiring & I drove ALL the high end suvs, & NOTHING comes close to my Summit!! The Mercedes M class seats are a pain to put down, expensive for gas & insurance, the Audi don't give a decent lease payment, same for the BMW X-5. A lot of suvs also don't have avail the active headlights, which are awesome!!I have had no problems with anything, gas mileage is about 19 city & 25 highway. A really fab vehicle!!

Summit Step Rail
By thejudge410 on 02/17/14 12:34 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased the Summit after many months of study and test driving 2013 and 14 models. I needed a step rail for family member safety and ability to use the vehicle. At the time of delivery I was informed Chrysler did not have a step rail that would fit the Summit. I could not believe it so I took delivery thinking they were wrong. A 2nd Chrysler dealer said there must be a problem in the computer because it showed 2014 as accepting the step rail but my VIN not accepting the step rail. As of today, no one has a step rail and I have a 52,000 car my wife can not get into and drive. No after market available either. I googled the problem and found a Jeep Forum question dated Oct 2013.

A lot more car for the money!!! Nissan is dead to me.
By hurricaneoleg on 02/16/14 19:25 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This car replaced my 2012 Nissan Murano SL AWD. Before I test drove the Grand Cherokee I swore by Nissan... Imagine my surprise when I found out that for the same $ I can be driving a v8, have real leather, navi, xm and a bunch of other things, like ground clearance, a lot more safety features, way better built body and (most importantly),an extremely reliable 4x4 system that NEVER overheats leaving me stranded! I love this truck that feels like a truck, despite being almost the same size as Murano! I test drove so many suv's and crossovers before getting this one with 20" wheels... No words, for the money (and otherwise) this is the best car you can get, bar none. Nothing else can compare.

Great Car But Can't Pair with Galaxy Note 3
By mylblujeep on 02/12/14 17:43 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just bought the Overland 4x4 V6 and I do love it. However, it appears that it still has glitches. I would give it 5 stars but my must have Samsung Galaxy Note 3 can't pair with the Uconnect/Nav/Stereo system. Confirmed with manufacturer that it's still behind in addressing the issue. In fact, if you look at their compatibility list, it's a short list. Pathetic that Jeep/Chrysler/Uconnect can't address this issue. Also, there appears to be some concerns with the Front Collision Warning system. Many can't verify if this system actually works. Also, system appears to work differently when Adaptive Cruise Control is on versus off. Hope Chrysler reads this and address these issues.

tire & heat problems
By bryansos on 02/10/14 15:17 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I leased a 2014 grand cherokee overland. I have 5,300 miles on it and has been in the garage over 15 times. It has a vibration in the steering wheel at 70 mph, which 90% of the dealers consider normal. The heat and a/c goes wild, you can have it set on 68 and it will blast you with 150 degree air. I used my electronic thermometer, having set 68 degrees on both sides the passenger temp came out at 152 degrees and the driver side came out at 64 degrees. If you are interested in purchasing a 2014 grand cherokee test drive it first at 70mph and set the heat at a certain temperature. The dealers have no cure cause they all do it.

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*