2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Most awarded vehicle???
By will1112

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is touted as the most awarded vehicle but I doubt anyone who awarded these is an actual owner of the eco diesel. First off I loved this vehicle(for 10000 miles). Everything about it was great. The gas mileage is great but after 10k miles it began!! Fiat Chrysler should never have released this vehicle with all the recalls and emissions problems specifically in the eco-diesel. Read up on this in Jeep blogs. I have been in the dealership(double digits) more with this one vehicle then my last 6 vehicles combined. It's been a year now and this vehicle's check engine(MIL) light has not been off more than a week in the last 8 months. Dealership nor Chrysler techs seem to be able to fix these issues. Unbelievable what close to $50k buys you nowadays. Obviously not everyone runs into these issues and it may not happen to you..that's what I originally thought and it happened to me. Just beware. I'll never buy another Chrysler product again due to them not backing their product nor caring about their consumers.

Flawless Vehicle Since Day One
By Loren

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

23k miles in the first year. Pulled a 5000 lb trailer half way across the U.S. twice. Multiple trips between Denver and Rockies thru a lot of snow and ice. Off road in Moab, UT. This vehicle has been flawless. All this and have averaged 23 mpg over the long term. Only complaint I have is when the airlift system is all the way up the shocks top out with a loud bang over any significant bump.

My Last "premium" Jeep
By marcusknyte@yahoo.com

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel 2014: I'll start with Do Not Buy anything that costs 50k+ from Jeep. I don't think they know anything about supporting this level of cost of automobile. Their service is absolutely horrible. Not at the dealership lever but the corporation itself. I have had numerous problems with my DEF system since purchase. I am at 14900 miles now and still have issues. I have been to the shop 5 times now. It has all so far been related to the emissions system. ] When I call Chrysler I talk to some of the rudest people I know in customer service. They reflect the same level of satisfaction I have come to expect from my Jeep Grand Cherokee Diesel 2014. As I type this I am waiting for parts to come in so I can take it in again. Just this morning I got a DEF message pop up. I called my case manager and could not get a hold of her. Every time I call the general team number it goes to voicemail. So I called Chrysler Corp and spoke to a rude person who said she cant help and would put me to my case manager. She did and I got voicemail. It's like they don't really care at all about their product or satisfaction of the customer. I am looking into a legal means to get my problem resolved. I hope there is a class action lawsuit against these guys to teach them better responsibility.

Eco Diesel DEF Problems
By J Brownlee

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

As many have indicated in their reviews, Jeep has a design problem with the exhaust system on the 2014 Eco Diesel. It appears to be a software problem. My Jeep has been at the dealership for 4 weeks now and all mechanical parts have been replaced. It's really rediculous. If Jeep corprate folks are monitoring these reviews they should really get this design issue sorted out quickly and make things right with their customers!

Only reliable during the test drive...
By Colorado Bird

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

My 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland is my third - and last - Jeep. While none of my Jeeps have been models of reliability, my 2014 Overland is by far the least reliable. Problems with the electronics started literally the day after I got it off the lot. Issues escalated to highway stalling, not starting, blank screens, etc. would leave it with the dealer for multiple days only to have the software updated and nothing repaired. As I write this it is in the shop for its fifth time, at least this time they did some real work. Replaced the water pump, crank shaft positioning sensor, blind spot sensor, etc. the car only has 25k miles! For a 50k vehicle the issues and dealer service are way below expectations. It's a great car to look at inside and out, but at only 25k miles I plan to take a huge loss and trade it in for a subaru outback today. Bye Jeep.

• SUV