2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Great looking, not so great to drive
By dpkimball on 04/03/14 09:41 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We leased our Grand Cherokee last June, and so far have not been impressed. Granted, the car is great looking, comfortable, and the interior is top notch. That being said, the transmission in this car is a nightmare. Shifting up and down through gears 1-3 is like riding in car with a 16 year old kid that is learning to drive a stick shift. It slams and lurches in and out of gears, almost to the point of being embarrassing when we have friends or guests in the car. I'm glad I leased, and that in two years I'll be able to hand over the keys to the dealer instead of being forced to keep this car long term. It's already been in twice for multiple warranty issues.

Take it back
By mayguire on 03/31/14 19:43 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is my third Jeep but my second lease. This one has fallen short right out the gate. I bought my Jeep in February. The issue is when I tried to put the vehicle in reverse or any other gear, it would snap back into park. I would have to turn the vehicle off and on again at which time it would work but my engine light would remain on. First they said it was a 'faulty shifter module' and replaced it within 2 hrs. One week later, back in, this time they said 'it is an issue with a transmission part'. Two days in the shop. Two weeks later it's in again...now it has been in for 2 weeks come this Wednesday and they are replacing the entire transmission. Eventually.

Fun to drive if you get it to stop falling apart
By villyg on 03/22/14 14:14 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The car is very nice to drive but this is what we've been dealing with so far and it has only been 8K miles Random error messages about network error. Last door to be closed has to be slammed shut. Navigation thinks it is a block left or right from current location. Cruise control randomly shuts off. Buttons on steering wheel and on the control cluster getting stuck and locking down everything else. Voice control absolutely horrible. This is just a fraction of what we have been going through https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIAzAu0scMY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-ITCrE1oro http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JWoZPb0Yt88

Could Not take it anymore!
By hortmi on 03/20/14 20:36 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

After driving my 14 Limited for a year and 20K miles and countless days in the dealer I just could not take it anymore. Ac issues,Uconnect and transmission issues finally made me trade it in. I had a early production 14 and was working a deal with the dealer to trade it in on a latter 14. I started thinking twice about going through this hell with another Jeep. I thought I'd gave the dealer another chance to get the bugs worked out because I really liked the Jeep and had done several upgrades. It was in the shop this time for three days and was returned to me worse than when I took it in. I'm sorry to say I traded it in on the way home for a Volvo. I sleep at night now!

2014 Grand Cherokee LTD - Giving it a Shot
By nyawker on 03/19/14 14:57 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I read some of the complaints but a few friends have the truck for a while with no issues at all. Firstly, you can not beat the deals Jeep is giving on these trucks. The value for the money is unreal. I love the U Connect interface. It is by far easier to use than BMW I-Drive, Audi MMI, or Lexus. Have an Audi and had the others. The features are terrific, intuitive, and easy to use. Heated seats front, rear, and steering wheel. I got the 20" wheels and the ride is firm and comfortable. The steering is precise. The transmission is the same 8sp electronic that BMW uses. It has 3 drive modes. No electronic, HVAC, or transmission issues at all..

Risky buy!
By pa350z2006 on 03/13/14 19:13 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Well I went from foreign to American after 20 years with some good and bad news here for you all. Make sure you do your research and test things with this Jeep. List of my bads: 1. HVAC is horrible watch my video here. Tons of folks complaining about this horrible system! OK this site won't let you post links, go to youtube and search for 2014 jeep grand cherokee hvac issues, mine has a thermometer on the screen. Google-jeep garage heat issues to read all the complaints on that forum 2. Trans in eco sucks, only way to get close to sticker MPG, otherwise getting 20 on the highway out of eco.

Great Truck
By luke_coolhand on 03/03/14 07:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had rented the JGC for two days earlier in a business trip. The rental totally changed my perception of the Jeep brand. The drive was smooth and the internal furnishing and electronics are as good as my other car, which was BMW Z4. At the conclusion of the rental, the truck was rear-ended by a Toyota Camry. The Camry's hood was badly damages, but the JGC has only a very slight impression of Toyota's emblem on its plastic bumper (the rented JGC has no tow hitch). When my wife said she wanted an SUV, that became my first choice. We tested a couple others, but both decided on the JGC. It has only been a couple days, but had been extremely happy with it. Everything comes as expected.

Safety Issues
By stan90 on 03/02/14 12:29 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I leased a 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited in November, 2013. It has a variety of problems some of which are serious safety issues that both the dealer and Chrysler choose to ignore. The transmission lags and lurches and makes periodic clanking noises. Worse than that, mine has twice run up engine rpms while I was breaking to stop - a serious safety issue. The electronic shifter offers no advantages. but rather is distracting (requiring a look down to verify what gear you are in). During an emergency situation I needed to stop and quickly shift into reverse to avoid a collision. Using this shifter created a delay that almost killed me. Several other problems none of which are fixed.

GREAT VEHICLE...JEEP IS RELIABLE !!
By vwmm on 03/01/14 06:21 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

'14 GC Overland 5.7L Hemi 4 x 4 with ATG Build Nov. 2013-- '14 is my 4th JGC since '99, and by far the BEST. I've had ZERO issues--major or minor since bought in Dec. '13 @ 3,000 miles now--mixture of heavy city & highway. I've put this vehicle through the paces. As far as reliability, my Jeeps have only once left me stranded--dead battery. '05 GC at 80k mi needed transfer case replaced, but Jeep could be driven. 10 days in shop, but all under warranty. After reading all negative reviews on transmission and NAV system, rented one before buying--NO ISSUES. This is a German designed & built transm. used in all new Audi, BMW, even Jag, Bentley, Rolls, Land Rover, Maserati.

6th Time Back to Dealer for Continued Problems!
By jvesci on 02/26/14 18:45 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I left a review this summer only 30 days into the purchase of my '14 JGC Ltd. and reported that I was having multiple problems mainly with the U-Connect system. I'm now reporting back 7 months later into owning this complete hunk of monkey crap which has now been in the Dealer's shop 6X for U-Connect and other "electronic issues/failures". Chryser is so tired of hearing from me that they decided to rip out my Jeep's U-Connect and replace it with a brand new one. They told me "this would fix everything". Continued problems I am facing include HVAC malfunction, no heat, airbag failure, U-Connect black screen, seat belt malfunction, Phone, Radio, Navi malfunction, the list goes on and on and on

The Edmunds TCO® estimated monthly insurance payment for a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Suv in VA is:

$132 per month*