2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews 2

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV - Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:
Love this car
By happyowner25 on 11/21/14 14:46 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased the Grand Cherokee Overland with the Hemi engine. I am very happy with the vehicle. The pick up is excellent and interior design is beautiful. The transmission shifts smoothly. I purchased it in March and waited to write the review until I had driven it for awhile. I have taken a number of trips in it so far and it is fun to drive and also very comfortable. Not the best gas mileage but if that was a beg concern I wouldn't have gotten the Hemi.

Beware! Poor quality + poor customer service!
By rlarocca on 11/20/14 08:39 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased my Grand Cherokee new in September of 2014. As of today, it has spent over 35 days at the dealer for numerous issues - transmission, radiator, gps, bluetooth, brake recall, electrical recall, rusting of tow hooks, water pump, interior door panels broken from the factory. Jeep has refused to negotiate under the New Jersey Lemon Law and has kept me waiting since August. I was also promised that customer care would call this week after my Jeep spent 10 days waiting for a radiator and water pump. Still no answer. Fiat/Chrysler/Jeep have the worst quality as per the latest Consumer's Report that came out last week - and the worst customer relations in the business!

Trouble free so far - but the nav sucks
By cageordie on 11/13/14 23:47 PM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the diesel, other than significant turbo lag it is a great engine. Getting away fast is dawdling off the line then launching at about 10mph with a neck snapping jump, from there on the 8 speed is flawless. The interior is fine and the electronics are good, other than the useless and expensive nav. Where I was born they call this "spoiling the ship for a haporth of tar". Basically going cheap rate on one part and ruining the whole effect. The navigation sucks. They used to use Garmin, that worked well. They switched to Navteq, which is poor. But the navigation display is what I normally use, so I see it sucking a lot. The auto zoom's idea of 'far' is a couple of hundred yards.

Poor Service and Reliability
By billmn on 11/07/14 11:19 AM (PST)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Purchased 2014 Grand Cherokee 16 months ago. Worse car ever in terms of performance (40 years of owning cars). Eight different times in shop for over a dozen problems (not counting 3 recall issues). No help from dealership GM on any front as he would not answer a call, e-mail or letter. Note that this was not a stalking but singluar contacts with no response. Went through "lemon law" arbitration which was a complete joke. Told that this level of service issues was "normal and reasonable". I guess spending 25+ hours in waiting rooms is a privlege and honor in the Jeep world. Would not recommend this auto manufacturer to anyone under any circumstance.

Goodbye Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd
By zoneta on 08/30/14 12:18 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've had 6 new JGC & have watched them improve in style & quality every year. I traded in my 2011 for a 2014 & found the quality of the 2011 superior to the 2014. The price now same as Audi/Lexi/BMW. The electronic transmission shift isn't user friendly, it clunks into gear & is difficult to move into position, the letters in the dr's dash window showing NSE&W sometimes match the gear letters & it can be too much computer info when you're driving. The 2011 hatch door had 2-opening choices, full hatch or top half window. The 2014 cheapened their costs eliminating the top window. I just want to say goodby Jeep Grand Cherokee I'll drive it for a year and go elsewhere next year.

Countless Problems with 8.4" Screen-Radio
By slick7108514 on 08/27/14 10:27 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned my 2014 GC Overland V8 for about 6 months. After 3 months my screen froze and radio/hvac went haywire. The radio froze on full blast and the hvac froze on full heat. The knobs did nothing and the touch screen was completely frozen. Screen/radio unit was completely replaced. Dealer forgot to transfer my sirius subscription, so spent over an hour on the phone with sirius explaining that I did not purchase a new radio, blah, blah. New unit seemed to solve my problems. Then about three months later, the screen completely turned off as I was on the highway. Been dead for about a month. No radio, backup camera, etc. Dealer is going to replace unit AGAIN.

My Laredo E is an excellent vehicle
By crpatriots on 08/26/14 00:01 AM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am extremely happy with my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo E 4x4. I have had it for 6 months now, about 8,000 miles. I am happy to say that I have experienced none of the engine/electronics/transmission issues that some other reviewers have written about. For me, my JGC has given me the perfect blend of size, performance, and comfort. I am constantly getting compliments on how it looks (inside and outside), as well as how it rides. I average about 20 miles per gallon with about half city, half highway driving. I came from a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe 4x4 (which was another good vehicle, honestly) - but the extra room and power of the JCG makes me happy I "upgraded."

Grand Cherokee Overland: misery loves company
By scaredofmyjeep on 08/21/14 13:55 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Thought my problem were so unusual that I would get support til I read these entries. Transmission:Routinely refuses to change gear. Have to shift it into Sports mode and then back into regular mode to get it out of 1st gear; b. has started popping out of gear into neutral while the car is in motion and will not go back into gear. 2. Cruise Control doesn't work. 3. Engine light remains on all of the time. 4.FCW cruise control and Select Terrain don't work even after module replaced 5. navsystem wanders off road constantly, 6. USB plug inop 7. phone periodically disconnects w/service alert 8.locked itself with key(and dogs) inside Ready to sell at a $10k loss. piece of junk.

Great car but terrible reliability
By jintseng on 08/12/14 19:03 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We experienced electrical problems 3 weeks after buying it. We opted for the 5.7 V8 Overland with QuadraDrive II. Check the Jeep forums to know problems associated with each model. Our Jeep Grand Cherokee had a check engine light turn on and off randomly. The shut off while the car was in drive, the air suspension raised and lowered, the windshield wipers would come on and off, the headlights would shut off in the middle of the night, and the doors would unlock themselves while the car was parked randomly. My wife was stuck at the mall for 3 hrs when the car would not turn on. The dealership tried to fix the car for 6 months to no available and we were without a loaner for initially.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4x4 Diesel
By kloten20 on 08/04/14 17:48 PM (PDT)

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

It could be an excellent vehicle, sharp looking, fun to drive and all the bells. But there is where it stops. My first american car after over 18 years of Japanese and German. To put it short, the most expensive and also worst vehicle I have ever bought/owner. Just within 5000 miles I had the car at the dealership for the same electronic issue and they still could not figured it out. I never had so much stress owning any vehicle. Finally I had enough and traded it in after only five months of ownership. What a pity. It is absolutely sad, that Chrysler has not more pride in their product. Consequently this will be my last Chrysler product ever.